• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Royal Oaks discussion on Gun Free Zones

PDinDetroit

Ah, government trying to tell We The People that we cannot carry firearms.

Isn't that why the Second Amendment exists in the first place???

PDinDetroit

PD wasn't that you that told them, they basically will lose? Ha ha...

Yes.

I was contacted by the Daily Tribune today, I told them that they were basically "spitting into the wind". Little did I know that the City Commissioners actually used that same language to describe their actions.

Priceless!

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Last edited:

Jerbear1098

PD looks like they are building a war chest by raising the parking meter rates to a buck an hour. Maybe they feel it will go to the supreme court. What would be funny is, if an Oakland County judge told them to pound sand.

I guess we will see....

scot623

PD looks like they are building a war chest by raising the parking meter rates to a buck an hour. Maybe they feel it will go to the supreme court. What would be funny is, if an Oakland County judge told them to pound sand.

I guess we will see....

Their "war chest" just took a $686,000 hit by having to pay out a settlement to a family who's father was killed by a ROPD officer when she plowed ino his car as she was texting. Oops.

Last edited:

PDinDetroit

Now is the time to turn their own words against them. It has become a matter of Principle now. I shall not be angry with them, I shall instead be resolute in my stance against them. It has come to this.

It is time for another Letter to the City Commissioners of Royal Oak. It is time for another Open Letter to our Michigan Legislators.

The Royal Oak City Government has passed a resolution where they want State Law to require persons to disarm prior to interacting with the Government.

The Royal Oak City Government has passed another resolution where they want State Law to require persons to disarm prior to attending a festival.

It is clear that they do not respect our rights. It is clear that they do not believe a person's life is worth protecting.

Michigander

I find the parking meter thing funny. Parking for free is no issue whatsoever in downtown Royal Oak for anyone who can walk 1/4 of a mile. Either they will try and enforce a parking permit system as they have in Birmingham which will stir up business for Clawson, or it will have little economic impact. Either way, their lack of creativity amuses me.

It is clear that they do not respect our rights. It is clear that they do not believe a person's life is worth protecting.

Unless of course if it's one of theirs.

Last edited:

stainless1911

Banned
Message sent to legislature

As you know, Michigan law honors a persons right to self defense in following with both the state and federal constitutions. Royal oak is actively seeking to squelch the law abiding citizens right to keep and bear arms at festivals, and government meetings. there have been shootings in every single gun free zone as these areas do nothing to stop nor discourage criminals and active shooters from committing their heinous crimes. All it does do, is to disarm those who will follow the laws, these same people will not of course, break laws that endanger people either.

The city of Royal Oak, knowing about the constitution, the preemption law, and Michigans concealed carry laws, disregards them, and seeks any way to slither around them. Now they are seeking changes in the law, being unable to subvert them. They are trying to disarm the people, trying to expand gun free zones, and are seeking a change in our laws, or a clouding of certain definitions within the law to fit their unsafe, and unconstitutional veiwpoints.

As a concerned citizen, I would encourage you to continue to uphold the constitution, and add nothing to the laws as they stand. It would be much better in fact for the safety and rights of all of our citizens if the gun free zones that are now in place were eliminated altogether.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Every anti-2A person should watch this video; it pretty much sums up the insanity of our 911 will save you society.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb3rAglRsqU&feature=related

In my opinion these rulings should be sticky's on the front pages of all pro 2A sites as we know Anti's often browse our sites. Maybe they may actually learn something that could change their minds?

Ruckus

45:00 to the end of video 4 was pretty interesting. Rasor was losing his cool a bit over another issue and then you get the feeling three or four council members don't really care for Mr. Rasor too much, lol. Rasor also interrupted during public comment again at 16:20 - 17:20 of video 1. Twas semi amusing. Geez, this guy just can't control himself.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
What's funny is 'changing one word" will merely require CPL holders to open carry at festivals like arts, beats, and eats.

These council members and the reporters covering them seem to be lost in space on this issue.

PDinDetroit

What's funny is 'changing one word" will merely require CPL holders to open carry at festivals like arts, beats, and eats.

These council members and the reporters covering them seem to be lost in space on this issue.

And I purposely did not bring this up...

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Dooooh!

Hahaha that's exactly what I was thinking. We should keep this to ourselves if they do pull it off, and then show up next year OCing. Can you imagine...

Uhmmmm so we post it here for the world to see....

Cost of living in a place where people are constantly trying to take your rights away...vigilance.

Not giving them ammo to speed them along in their mission...PRICELESS!

Last edited: