• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NOVA Tea Party - No Guns

DHCruiser

Campaign Veteran
I apologize if this has been posted previously, but I couldn't find it when I searched. It's been quite a while since I posted, but I thought of the board as soon as this occurred. First chance to post it up.

I received the following email from the NOVA Tea Party about a last minute protest at an Obama appearance in Fairfax.

Dear Tea Party Patriot,

I just received word that President Obama will be speaking at a private home in Fairfax, Virginia some time between 1pm and 3pm today.

What: Demonstration Against New Stimulus and Debt.
Where: On the median right of way at Rt. 50 and Chichester Lane, in Fairfax.
The location is roughly between Nutley Street and Prosperity Avenue
Backup location right of way on the North Side of Rt. 50
Parking: Park in on-street parking in the streets north of Rt. 50.
When: 1p to 3pm (we leave as soon as the motorcade has passed.)

Thanks, your participation will give voice to our movement's opposition to the reckless spending and borrowing of the Obama Administration.

Ron Wilcox
Organizer

No open or concealed carry please.

cc Organizer John Grigsby

I sent the following response to their organizer:

"No open or concealed carry please."

Since it's Virginia and in a public area, carrying would be completely legal as long as it's outside the secret service perimeter.

I'm unable to attend since I'm at work at the moment, but had I received this notice when I was available, I still would not attend. I don't give up my Second Amendment right so I can express my First Amendment right and I'm shocked you would make this request.

So far no response.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
I apologize if this has been posted previously, but I couldn't find it when I searched. It's been quite a while since I posted, but I thought of the board as soon as this occurred. First chance to post it up.
After reading your post, I sent a message to him via his FB page. Subject TPPINO
(Tea Party Patriot in Name Only)..

DrMark

Lone Star Veteran
Weird. Would be nice to hear this fellow's reasoning.

In other, broader Tea Party news (from the latest VCDL update):

VCDL is a sponsor of the upcoming Virginia Tea Party convention in Richmond on October 8th and 9th at the Greater Richmond Convention Center. This looks like it will be a great convention, with speakers including: Lou Dobbs, Dick Morris, Congressman Ron Paul, Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli, and former Governor and Senator George Allen, and many more.

VCDL is going to have a booth and also have a one-hour breakout session on the history, meaning, and future of the Second Amendment. The breakout will be on Friday (time is TBA for now).

Be sure to stop by the booth to pick up your "Guns Save Lives" sticker and say, "hello" to our volunteers.

This will be a great opportunity for VCDL to reach out to a large group of freedom-minded individuals, who may be new to gun rights and gun ownership!

All of Virginia’s congressional incumbents, congressional candidates, state senators and delegates have been invited to attend and participate, regardless of party affiliation.

Two-day convention tickets are $50, and one-day tickets are $40. Tickets to the Freedom Lovers Extravaganza are $20. Further details about the conventionincluding information about lodging can be found at:

http://www.vateapartyconvention.com

***If you can volunteer to man the VCDL booth, send me an email (president@vcdl.org). We need volunteers for these time slots:

Friday, Oct. 8th, 8 AM to Noon
Friday, Oct. 8th, Noon to 4 PM
Saturday, Oct. 9th, 8 AM to Noon
Saturday, Oct. 9th, Noon to 4 PM

Oh, and YES - carry is welcomed at the convention.

See you there!

Last edited:

Virginiaplanter

“You may in vain mention to them the duties upon tea, etc. These things, they will say, do not affect them. But tell them of the robbery of the magazine, and that the next step will be to disarm them, and they will be then ready to fly to arms to defend themselves.” Patrick Henry, 1775; William W. Henry, 1 Patrick Henry: Life, Correspondence and Speeches 276-285 (Charles Scribner’s Sons 1891). Amicus Curiae Brief of Virginia1774.org, District of Columbia v. Heller, 25 (2008).

The Boston Tea Party was an unlawful destruction of private property of the East India Tea Company. The Tea tax was not the tipping point of the American Revolution, but the attempt to disarm British North America was the flash in the pan that ignited the war.

"In the tumultuous decades of the 1760's and 1770's, the Crown began to disarm the inhabitants of the most rebellious areas. That provoked polemical reactions by Americans invoking their rights as Englishmen to keep arms." District of Columbia v. Heller, 128 S.Ct. 2783, 2799, (2008).

Last edited: