• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I tried it

dukenukum

Today I carried my pistol concealed it didn't feel right, I felt like I was trying to deceive someone oh sure it was legal for me to do so but I just didn't feel comfortable. All my concealed friends? told me it was more comfortable and gave me a tactical advantage, why if I was to draw it would take five minutes to untangle my gun from my clothes what tactical advantage are they talking about? They call me a barbarian for my open carry ways but at least I can access my pistol.

Thos.Jefferson

Today I carried my pistol concealed it didn't feel right, I felt like I was trying to deceive someone oh sure it was legal for me to do so but I just didn't feel comfortable. All my concealed friends? told me it was more comfortable and gave me a tactical advantage, why if I was to draw it would take five minutes to untangle my gun from my clothes what tactical advantage are they talking about? They call me a barbarian for my open carry ways but at least I can access my pistol.

Barbarian! Now that's funny. Tell all of your "friends" that during the Founding era(some of the most cultured folks on history imo) it was considered to be poor form to conceal your weapon.

eye95

The Alabama Supreme Court called CC "the evil practice of carrying weapons secretly" in a decision where they said that the AL code may NOT outlaw both OC and CC and that they tended toward OC.

Last edited:

heresyourdipstickjimmy

It's the same issue for CCW folks going to OC. They just aren't comfortable with it.

As for your tangle of clothing, you just have to learn what kinds of clothing to wear and how to get to your firearm properly from a CCW stance. Just like anything else it takes practice.

Last edited:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member

I'd rather be a barbarian than a corpse.

I think my son would, too.

What about them and theirs?

Who are they ambushing that they need an element of surprise? Surprise, you can't draw quickly from concealed! How 'bout them apples? Hope your KIDS aren't the ones buying those apples... Reality is more important than an ego trip.

rottman43055

I carry concealed sometimes, and like both modes, but I have noticed the CCers are not as accepting of OC as OCers are CCing.

I am on a CC forum and many CCers seem to think they are part of a secret society or something LOL.

I say let the word see those awesome guns!

Daylen

I carry concealed sometimes, and like both modes, but I have noticed the CCers are not as accepting of OC as OCers are CCing.

I am on a CC forum and many CCers seem to think they are part of a secret society or something LOL.

I say let the word see those awesome guns!

well they are some of the few legally allowed to carry a weapon! or at least that's what they think, since many people think OC is not legal. People love feeling special...

Last edited:

okboomer

I have to carry concealed. Personally, I would much rather carry open as I would rather not be accosted by a BG just because he doesn't think I will resist. I would rather the BG see I'm packing and go bother someone else.

As for CC vs OC, well, I found my father's pro-CC attitude to be quite typical ... "It's no one's business whether you are carrying or not." I cannot dispute this on the one hand, but on the other hand, I feel that if I OC, no one should be surprised or concerned.

IMHO, CC and OC have common cause and that should be the freedom to choose which manner of carry without incuring censure from others. As I have seen mentioned on this forum many times, there would probably be more OC in the summer and more CC in the winter/inclement weather :cool: Maybe it's just me, but this seems fairly reasonable.

Don Barnett

I'm With You

Since I retired, my wardrobe now consists of t-shirts, bluejeans and one tuxedo. In the summer, I find it very uncomfortable to carry concealed as I am always worried if it is showing; so I just carry open.

since9

Campaign Veteran
...why if I was to draw it would take five minutes to untangle my gun from my clothes.

If I feel it's appropriate for me to conceal during the summer, such as at the library or the movies, I simply drop my unholstered firearm into the water bladder area of my daypack (sans bladder, of course). It's a three-second retrieval and fire. During the winter, I'll park it in a downward-pointing shoulder holster beneath my jacket. That's a two-second retrieval and fire.

I prefer OC on my hip, as that's a one-second retrieval and fire.

I would ignore the debates as to which constitutes the best tactical advantage over the other. Most of the ones I've heard from both sides tend to be spurious adages, and not well-reasoned debate.

Brimstone Baritone

I think "It's no one's business whether I carry or not" is actually the best pro-CC reason I have ever heard. I wonder how many people out there CC just to be left alone by regular folks at the risk of being targeted by criminals.

sultan62

I think "It's no one's business whether I carry or not" is actually the best pro-CC reason I have ever heard. I wonder how many people out there CC just to be left alone by regular folks at the risk of being targeted by criminals.

When I get my CHP, I'll probably conceal on those days I just don't feel like dealing with people. Sometimes it's too much of a pain to always be in a good mood when I'm OCing.

since9

Campaign Veteran

I suspect it's more than we realize.

When I get my CHP, I'll probably conceal on those days I just don't feel like dealing with people. Sometimes it's too much of a pain to always be in a good mood when I'm OCing.

Or when I don't feel like shaving a three-day writers' growth before heading to the grocery store...

Last edited:

MR Redenck

Guy's, I read this tactical advantage crap all the time. I disapprove of any gun regualtions and I make sure I let people know I hate carrying handguns. My pants wont stay up!
This tactical advantage BS come from LE. Im not a cop, and I make more if not all the arrest in my neighborhood. Funny when you think about because I dont carry hanguns.
My argument for anyone who claims the stupidity of tactical advantage in the only tactical advantage you could possibly have is BE AWARE OF WTF IS GOING ON AROUND YOU!!! :uhoh:

MKEgal

I would much rather carry open as I would rather not be accosted by a BG just because he doesn't think I will resist. I would rather the BG see I'm packing and go bother someone else.
... the freedom to choose which manner of carry without incuring censure from others.

Not something I say often, but AMEN!
I cc'd while visiting my mother over Thanksgiving, 'cause she just wouldn't understand, but I still wanted to protect myself & her while we were out-n-about.
There are times I'd like to cc here in WI, or at least have the option of closing my effin coat in the winter!!! I want some WAVE ghoul or Brady Bunch member to seriously explain to me how my being able to stay warm endangers public safety.

Last edited: