• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Silly liberals

tombrewster421

I can understand not wanting to be confrontational, however you are giving up your rights by doing anything they say. Yes police are there to protect the public as a whole; however they are not there to violate someone’s rights that are doing nothing wrong. Sure you can try being friendly and change their minds one by one and let them know you’re not a threat by giving up your 2nd, 4th, and 5th amendment rights. However I find it better to show them the error of their ways.

It is not easy to go against their authority, but if they are wrong then I believe it’s our duty as citizens and their employers to correct them. That can involve simply saying I do not consent to being disarmed or being searched. Or refuse their illegal demands (lock your vehicle in your car if you want to stay in this park as was my case). There are avenues for us to use to show them their actions are not only wrong but illegal. Why not take the opportunity to make a stand for yours and everyone else’s rights? I guess standing up for yourself can be too much of an inconvenience sometime, I only hope there are others that are willing to bear the burden then.
I do and will stand up for myself. but it is better to be alive and not bruised so you can comfortably make a complaint later than to get your butt kicked and be forced to lawer up. Especially since after lunch my wife was on her way to see the Bankruptcy Lawer! Obviously I can not at this moment afford a lawsuit against the TPD. They really did seem eager to learn also and said he's going to try and learn more on the forum, so try not to make them enemies and chhose your words carefully. I really did have to teach him that a CPL does NOT mean that you have to CC.

If anyone wants to give me money to pay a lawer for future encounters I guess I'm OK with being confrontational. Until then, put your money where your mouth is.

Last edited:

tombrewster421

tom.... that is untrue. There are many scenarios (allthough rare) that could lead you to incriminate yourself. You handled yourself very well. Hopefully, we will all learn from this!

In order to incriminate myself wouldn't that imply that I have done something Criminal. Which I have not!

Lord Sega

... just about the most liberal place in Tacoma. I guess they have open mic poetry night and everything. I guess I'll have to drop a pamphlet by there next time I'm by the zoo. Not too bad an outcome for the most liberal place to eat in Tacoma.

Forget the pamphlets, you HAVE to compose a "ode to OC" for open mic poetry night!!!!

(... and then when they freak out, politely ask them how they feel about free speech, with a slight smirk of course).

Jayd1981

If anyone wants to give me money to pay a lawer for future encounters I guess I'm OK with being confrontational. Until then, put your money where your mouth is.

I'm not saying you have to get arrested, or even what you personally should do. I just believe as citizens we have the responsibility to correct LEO's when they are wrong and trying to violate our rights.

As far as putting my money where my mouth is, I have been violated by a nearby city's police and with the help of those here I got them to strike down their illegal ordinance.

I see these types of contacts as an opportunity to right a wrong. They violated your rights plain and simple. If you can't see that, then I don't know what else to say. If you just let it slide, then the cops will keep doing it. I was just saying if those who are presented with these opportunities do nothing about them, hopefully there are enough of us who are willing to.

tombrewster421

Forget the pamphlets, you HAVE to compose a "ode to OC" for open mic poetry night!!!!

(... and then when they freak out, politely ask them how they feel about free speech, with a slight smirk of course).

Now that sounds like a good idea! I think I could actually pull that off.

tombrewster421

OC bicyclist

I forgot to mention that the cops also talked about someone who frequently OC's on his bike on Ruston Way all the time who had a black beard. They said what a nice guy he was. Just wondering if they might be talking about GoGo.

tombrewster421

I'm not saying you have to get arrested, or even what you personally should do. I just believe as citizens we have the responsibility to correct LEO's when they are wrong and trying to violate our rights.

As far as putting my money where my mouth is, I have been violated by a nearby city's police and with the help of those here I got them to strike down their illegal ordinance.

I see these types of contacts as an opportunity to right a wrong. They violated your rights plain and simple. If you can't see that, then I don't know what else to say. If you just let it slide, then the cops will keep doing it. I was just saying if those who are presented with these opportunities do nothing about them, hopefully there are enough of us who are willing to.[/QUOTE
I did correct him verbally and I'm sure I'm capable of producing a follow-up letter or something to that effect. But if I were to simply refuse to do what they politely asked I could have been tasered or beaten, missed work due to injuries, and of course later for the impending court dates. Just not something I can deal with at the moment. I have a family that's counting on me.

G20-IWB24/7

I forgot to mention that the cops also talked about someone who frequently OC's on his bike on Ruston Way all the time who had a black beard. They said what a nice guy he was. Just wondering if they might be talking about GoGo.

That's Mainsail. Of course they think he's a nice guy... they used to detain him all the time.... check out the archives.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Paranoia runs rampant with some in this group, with little or no resistance. :banghead:

Along with some feel any contact with law enforcement that they are out to get you :lol:

Psst your shadow is following you :shocker:

Metalhead47

Paranoia runs rampant with some in this group, with little or no resistance. :banghead:

Along with some feel any contact with law enforcement that they are out to get you :lol:

... says the guy who likes to go on & on & on about "proper training" and yet posts an avatar pic in which he's clearly violating the second rule of safe firearm safety by pointing a gun at a person with a camera :p:p:p

sorry couldn't resist any longer

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
... says the guy who likes to go on & on & on about "proper training" and yet posts an avatar pic in which he's clearly violating the second rule of safe firearm safety by pointing a gun at a person with a camera :p:p:p
sorry couldn't resist any longer

LOL have you heard of a tripod and timer! I did not even try to resist goofy!

BigDave

Opt-Out Members

You sir, make foolish and ridiculous statements of opinion.

Don't you just hate that when it is true as it stings so much more.