• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Family Reunions are so much fun!

dukenukum

Sunday was the annual family shin dig we call a reunion we are divided to say the least over guns. One cousin and I were praising the virtues of the .45 auto, the 1911 pistol and other things worthy of honor such as reloading presses, bullet casting open carry and the like when my freedom impaired family members begin to make sheep sounds like baaa open carry baaad baaa just call the police baaa your dad never did stuff like that ( large industrial sized B.S, who do they think thought such behavior to me.) baaa such things scare us. My main thought was do you see the .45 on my hip? I figure as family president I should set the example for freedom. on reflection we lacked red meat this year must look into that.

B

Bikenut

Years ago at a family reunion on the farm one of the brother's in law caught a mouse by the corn crib. He thought it would be fun to take that mouse into the middle of a circle made by all the women sitting in chairs spreading gossip. I stood nearby to watch the fun.

So there he was in the middle of the circle of women holding a mouse by the tail... and the mouse got away... fell to the ground... and ran up his pant leg. Waaaay up his pant leg.

He danced around for a bit.... panicked... and dropped his drawers... both sets of drawers. To find himself surrounded by laughing women buck naked from the waist down.

The mouse was never seen again.

Sorry... that has nothing to do with open carry (or does it?) but thanks for reminding me because I'll be laughing all night.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Years ago at a family reunion on the farm one of the brother's in law caught a mouse by the corn crib. He thought it would be fun to take that mouse into the middle of a circle made by all the women sitting in chairs spreading gossip. I stood nearby to watch the fun.

So there he was in the middle of the circle of women holding a mouse by the tail... and the mouse got away... fell to the ground... and ran up his pant leg. Waaaay up his pant leg.

He danced around for a bit.... panicked... and dropped his drawers... both sets of drawers. To find himself surrounded by laughing women buck naked from the waist down.

The mouse was never seen again.

Sorry... that has nothing to do with open carry (or does it?) but thanks for reminding me because I'll be laughing all night.

Too funny!
Years ago at Deer camp (it was a warm mushy /rainy off & on opener in southern, MI. so we were all bored) this Jackass I knew decides to walk up to a large tree & take a shot at a red squirrel above him with 00 buck. The squirrel freaks & tears straight down the tree trunk & straight at this fool who attempts to wildly pump another shell into the chamber, as we all scrambled for cover! Unable to do so in time, he screams like a little girl as he nearly pitches his mossberg and runs when the squirrel got near his legs. If he hadn't of moved the squirrel (obviously in a blind panic) would have ran right up his body & used his head as a springboard! Man I still get a good laugh out of that one from time to time!

Sorry off topic but couldn't resist after Bikenut's awesome post.

Bailenforcer

My family reunion link below

I wish! You just gotta love the enthusiasm of that young girl with the blue ear muffs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uy-IswcPIFs

Sunday was the annual family shin dig we call a reunion we are divided to say the least over guns. One cousin and I were praising the virtues of the .45 auto, the 1911 pistol and other things worthy of honor such as reloading presses, bullet casting open carry and the like when my freedom impaired family members begin to make sheep sounds like baaa open carry baaad baaa just call the police baaa your dad never did stuff like that ( large industrial sized B.S, who do they think thought such behavior to me.) baaa such things scare us. My main thought was do you see the .45 on my hip? I figure as family president I should set the example for freedom. on reflection we lacked red meat this year must look into that.

Last edited: