Thread: CPL classes, where did you all go, how much?

CPL classes, where did you all go, how much?

Title says it all guys. I have a buddy who wants to take it with his girlfriend.

She lives in Howell, he lives in Flint Township.

Either place is fine.

I read about a class that was $60.

Anyone know any that are sub $100?

I paid $100, but at Advanced Ranges in Flint, if you go with your spouse, and have the same address, it's $100 each, but as a solo, it's $150.

Thanks OCDO.

I took mine in Caseville.

The guy had a great setup in his garage (I took mine in December a few years ago) however his class was full of misinformation, and the PI he hired to answer legal questions was even worse, telling us we can ignore PFZ's, etc.

I'm glad I took the class to carry, however I'm even more glad I took it upon myself to be a responsible gun owner and learn everything I could about firearm law, cause I could have very well been the next idiot in the news thinking I was doing right when I wasn't.

The instructor's name was Mark Miller. Class was $100.
    Last edited by malignity; 09-14-2010 at 08:49 PM.
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

I took mine at total firearms in Holt, I will never set foot in there again class was OK but the store is anti O.C.

Washtenaw Sportsmans Club, and renewal. $90

Rochester, Hunts with Doubles(MOC sponsored) $100, I think.

Took mine at Williams Gun Sight. The class was good, had a Troy cop teach the law portion and shot 100 rounds. I think it was $130 but that also gave you a 1 year range membership.

I took mine from a place that is no longer in business. Lot's of lies and misleading information. We were handed our certificates when walking into the range. The instructor said go shoot and then he left without watching.

I paid with a C-Note and took it with Bill, the Owner's Son at Michigan Police Equipment Supply on Lansing Road, outside of Dimondale. It was held in Stanton, near his house.

Banned
    www.WildWestAcademy.com Couldn't be happier. Mark and Al really know their stuff. OC friendly too.

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Unhappy I got what I paid for sort of?

$150 + $20 in ammo [$170] TopGun (NO OC Allowed) in Taylor. Good overall & the two instructors even threw in some QCB point shooting. However lots of outdated and plain wrong info. in regards to CC/OC law.

Had I known of Webtactical's existence I would have gone there for sure.

I will always support pro OC/2A trainers before all others. I will be sending Mrs. G9OS & my sister to webtactical in the near future as I want the very best training for my loved ones.

http://www.webbtactical.com/
    Last edited by Glock9mmOldStyle; 09-16-2010 at 05:11 AM. Reason: add costs

Quote Originally Posted by scot623 View Post
    Rochester, Hunts with Doubles(MOC sponsored) $100, I think.
    incorrect...if yer talking abt scott's class its 125 and hwd is in shelby twp.
    -NRA Member, GSSF Member, GeorgiaCarry Member, Glock Certified Armorer, Glock 30SF, STI Elektra, M&P9c, NAA Black Widow .22 WMR
    -“I do believe that where there is a choice only between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.”—Mahatma Ghandhi

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    www.WildWestAcademy.com Couldn't be happier. Mark and Al really know their stuff. OC friendly too.
    doesnt mark still sit on the OC board?
    -NRA Member, GSSF Member, GeorgiaCarry Member, Glock Certified Armorer, Glock 30SF, STI Elektra, M&P9c, NAA Black Widow .22 WMR
    -“I do believe that where there is a choice only between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.”—Mahatma Ghandhi

Quote Originally Posted by RabbiVJ View Post
    incorrect...if yer talking abt scott's class its 125 and hwd is in shelby twp.
    Scot 623 attended a MOC sponsored class to raise money for the Second Amendment March. It was in Shelby at HWD and instructed by Skip Coryell. A Few of us assisted and served as RSOs.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slave View Post
    Title says it all guys. I have a buddy who wants to take it with his girlfriend.

She lives in Howell, he lives in Flint Township.

Either place is fine.

I read about a class that was $60.

Anyone know any that are sub $100?

I paid $100, but at Advanced Ranges in Flint, if you go with your spouse, and have the same address, it's $100 each, but as a solo, it's $150.

Thanks OCDO.
    Just be careful of who you take it from.

An improperly instructed course could cost you your freedom and or lots of money and your gun rights.

See comments here.
    http://www.migunowners.org/forum/sho...d.php?t=104692
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

My wife and I took the class at Fireaqrms Exchange in Livonia. Shot 100 rounds and a full 8 hours, $125 and not a bad class.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbiVJ View Post
    doesnt mark still sit on the OC board?
    Hai rabbi ! Yes, he's still on the board. He told me once that he's there partly so we can have someone there who truly believes in the RKBA.

My wife and I went to Wolverine Shooting Sports in Brownstown back in 2006 and paid $100 each.
    I always open carry one of my Kimber 1911 pistols everywhere I go. Usually in a paddle holster. Nothing fancy, but it works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by sprinklerguy28 View Post
    Scot 623 attended a MOC sponsored class to raise money for the Second Amendment March. It was in Shelby at HWD and instructed by Skip Coryell. A Few of us assisted and served as RSOs.
    ahh my bad...

I took mine @ double action under Jim Binder in Oct of last year.

Took mine at UAW Local 909,2 hours per 4 evenings.5th day at Peters Range.$165 paid by UAW Tuition Assistance Plan (TAP) in 05' by officer Lesnnau firearms trainer for Detroit PD.We didn't leave without knowing CC laws and responsibilities.
    Last edited by hamaneggs; 09-15-2010 at 08:05 PM.
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

NRA LIFER,GOA,MOC Inc.,CLSD,MCRGO,UAW! MOLON LABE!!

Banned
    Wow, I wouldn't have expected that from a union outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    Wow, I wouldn't have expected that from a union outfit.
    Not all people who work at the big three tow the union line.Actualy you would be suprised at all the gun owners and hunters there are in the plants,in fact in at least 2 out of 5 plants I worked in they would ask for people to work doubles to cover anyone who wanted to go deer hunting during gun season.The Dems can claim they have the support of the unions and their money in order to make it look good,but it's the workers who vote whatever way they want.Besides,when you got a decent paying job with benefits,after 90 days you automaticaly become a member of the UAW.The unions tell you to vote Dem just like minorities tell you to vote Dem,because of the myth that they are for the average man and against big business and the rich.I think autoworkers,who work for big business,are smart enough to figure out whats happening and according to all the people I worked with and talked to on a regular basis,they knew what is going on!The Dems think we're stupid,we're not!
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

NRA LIFER,GOA,MOC Inc.,CLSD,MCRGO,UAW! MOLON LABE!!

Gibraltar Trade Center

I took my last month at Gibraltar Trade Center 130.00 Class, Rounds, and Range Fee
    I had my own rounds, those who did not could buy them at the gun show.

Class by Aim Stright, Two brothers, OK class but we had some one in there who wanted to talk marshal-arts and self-defense instead of Guns and Self-defense, ran the class over 2 hours with his constant questions.

I got the feeling this was a new venture for the instructor, a former police officer and his brother, as they seemed a little unorginized

Banned
    Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by maustin195 View Post
    My wife and I took the class at Fireaqrms Exchange in Livonia. Shot 100 rounds and a full 8 hours, $125 and not a bad class.
    Same with me, although I thoroughly enjoyed the class and would reccommend it to anyone. I had the female instructor which I thought did a phenomenal job and was very friendly.