• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CPL classes, where did you all go, how much?

Slave

Title says it all guys. I have a buddy who wants to take it with his girlfriend.

She lives in Howell, he lives in Flint Township.

Either place is fine.

I read about a class that was $60.

Anyone know any that are sub $100?

I paid $100, but at Advanced Ranges in Flint, if you go with your spouse, and have the same address, it's $100 each, but as a solo, it's $150.

Thanks OCDO.

malignity

I took mine in Caseville.

The guy had a great setup in his garage (I took mine in December a few years ago) however his class was full of misinformation, and the PI he hired to answer legal questions was even worse, telling us we can ignore PFZ's, etc.

I'm glad I took the class to carry, however I'm even more glad I took it upon myself to be a responsible gun owner and learn everything I could about firearm law, cause I could have very well been the next idiot in the news thinking I was doing right when I wasn't.

The instructor's name was Mark Miller. Class was $100.

Last edited:

RandyK

Took mine at Williams Gun Sight. The class was good, had a Troy cop teach the law portion and shot 100 rounds. I think it was $130 but that also gave you a 1 year range membership.

sprinklerguy28

I took mine from a place that is no longer in business. Lot's of lies and misleading information. We were handed our certificates when walking into the range. The instructor said go shoot and then he left without watching.

TheQ

I paid with a C-Note and took it with Bill, the Owner's Son at Michigan Police Equipment Supply on Lansing Road, outside of Dimondale. It was held in Stanton, near his house.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
I got what I paid for sort of?

$150 + $20 in ammo [$170] TopGun (NO OC Allowed) in Taylor. Good overall & the two instructors even threw in some QCB point shooting. However lots of outdated and plain wrong info. in regards to CC/OC law.

Had I known of Webtactical's existence I would have gone there for sure.

I will always support pro OC/2A trainers before all others. I will be sending Mrs. G9OS & my sister to webtactical in the near future as I want the very best training for my loved ones.

http://www.webbtactical.com/

Last edited:

sprinklerguy28

incorrect...if yer talking abt scott's class its 125 and hwd is in shelby twp.

Scot 623 attended a MOC sponsored class to raise money for the Second Amendment March. It was in Shelby at HWD and instructed by Skip Coryell. A Few of us assisted and served as RSOs.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Title says it all guys. I have a buddy who wants to take it with his girlfriend.

She lives in Howell, he lives in Flint Township.

Either place is fine.

I read about a class that was $60.

Anyone know any that are sub $100?

I paid $100, but at Advanced Ranges in Flint, if you go with your spouse, and have the same address, it's $100 each, but as a solo, it's $150.

Thanks OCDO.

Just be careful of who you take it from.

An improperly instructed course could cost you your freedom and or lots of money and your gun rights.

See comments here.
http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=104692

maustin195

My wife and I took the class at Fireaqrms Exchange in Livonia. Shot 100 rounds and a full 8 hours, $125 and not a bad class.

Haman J.T.

Took mine at UAW Local 909,2 hours per 4 evenings.5th day at Peters Range.$165 paid by UAW Tuition Assistance Plan (TAP) in 05' by officer Lesnnau firearms trainer for Detroit PD.We didn't leave without knowing CC laws and responsibilities.

Last edited: