Thread: what is Costco's current position on OC

what is Costco's current position on OC

Does anyone know where Costco stands these days on open carry?

Has any OC'ed in any of the Costco's since the Eric Scott shooting?

As seen in some recent threads on this forum from other cities Costco has stated that they do not allow firearms period. CC or OC. Regardless until this eric scott thing gets cleared up they are on my no buy list.

Their HQ states that they have a strict no weapons policy. Hence why I started going to Sams (see where that got me in the thread posted earlier).

It's obvious to me that Costco is trying to play both sides of the gun issue. They have no signs posted. They have absolutely nothing about guns in their membership information and agreement. But, they will tell you that guns aren't allowed if (1) you ask, or (2) they see a gun. So in my opinion they are tacitly allowing concealed carry because they don't want to stir up any controversy about it. I don't like their approach but I'm rolling with it. I carry concealed in Costco whenever I go there, which is at least three times a month. I guess their position is, what they don't see won't hurt them. Or, don't ask, don't tell. Or something like that.
    Last edited by VegasGeorge; 09-16-2010 at 12:18 AM.

I have, and continue to carry in Costco on Marks with no issues to date. If I was asked by them to disarm, it would be the last time I shopped there.

TBG

Quote Originally Posted by VegasGeorge View Post
    They have no signs posted.
    My local Costco does have a sign posted outside its entrance.

Quote Originally Posted by Yard Sale View Post
    My local Costco does have a sign posted outside its entrance.
    And that's one of many reasons why Sams Club gets my Business
    Last edited by john-in-reno; 09-20-2010 at 08:15 AM. Reason: spelling
    http://washoecountygunrights.blogspot.com/

*** I am NOT a Lawyer, and I DO NOT have any LEGAL EXPERIENCE OR QUALIFICATIONS ***

MOLON LABE

For years I had no problem carrying in Costco (Carson City to be exact). However, a few weeks back the shift manager stopped me and did the "are you a LEO" dance.

In researching the issue after the fact, they have a policy preventing members from carrying. Don't like that policy, cancel your membership (they'll refund the difference) and get one at Sam's like a prior poster stated. I have only heard of one incident w/ Sam's and this is probably due to an incorrectly informed manager.

I Carried At the same costco that eric scott was at !

about 2 months ago, And i was asked to leave! or place my weapon in my car. i was told that they had a "no guns Policy"

I spent over an hour in Costco on Marks near Sunset on Tuesday night shopping and then getting dogs and pizza for the family, .357 on the belt, in the open, no problem. I don't think anyone even noticed. Could be that I'm there with the family (wife and 6 of our 7 kids) therefore don't seem threatening.

TBG