• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

what is Costco's current position on OC

Terry NLV

Does anyone know where Costco stands these days on open carry?

Has any OC'ed in any of the Costco's since the Eric Scott shooting?

Vegassteve

As seen in some recent threads on this forum from other cities Costco has stated that they do not allow firearms period. CC or OC. Regardless until this eric scott thing gets cleared up they are on my no buy list.

MilitaryMike

Their HQ states that they have a strict no weapons policy. Hence why I started going to Sams (see where that got me in the thread posted earlier).

VegasGeorge

It's obvious to me that Costco is trying to play both sides of the gun issue. They have no signs posted. They have absolutely nothing about guns in their membership information and agreement. But, they will tell you that guns aren't allowed if (1) you ask, or (2) they see a gun. So in my opinion they are tacitly allowing concealed carry because they don't want to stir up any controversy about it. I don't like their approach but I'm rolling with it. I carry concealed in Costco whenever I go there, which is at least three times a month. I guess their position is, what they don't see won't hurt them. Or, don't ask, don't tell. Or something like that.

Last edited:

The Big Guy

I have, and continue to carry in Costco on Marks with no issues to date. If I was asked by them to disarm, it would be the last time I shopped there.

TBG

merle

For years I had no problem carrying in Costco (Carson City to be exact). However, a few weeks back the shift manager stopped me and did the "are you a LEO" dance.

In researching the issue after the fact, they have a policy preventing members from carrying. Don't like that policy, cancel your membership (they'll refund the difference) and get one at Sam's like a prior poster stated. I have only heard of one incident w/ Sam's and this is probably due to an incorrectly informed manager.

pool_marine702

I Carried At the same costco that eric scott was at !

about 2 months ago, And i was asked to leave! or place my weapon in my car. i was told that they had a "no guns Policy"

The Big Guy

I spent over an hour in Costco on Marks near Sunset on Tuesday night shopping and then getting dogs and pizza for the family, .357 on the belt, in the open, no problem. I don't think anyone even noticed. Could be that I'm there with the family (wife and 6 of our 7 kids) therefore don't seem threatening.

TBG