• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

national parks OC? CC?

exelci

is it legal to OC or CC in national parks here in Arizona? im planning on visiting Coronado National park and just wanted to make sure..

thank you.

Last edited:

wewd

State law applies in National Parks and Monuments. If it's cool with the state, it's cool with the feds. You still can't carry into any building "where federal employees are regularly present for performing their official duties". Not sure if that applies to the janitors who clean the toilets. Don't carry onto any tribal reservations, as they are frequently very near to National Parks.

acmariner99

Carry in accordance with the law of the state the park (or part of the park) is in. I open carried at Grand Canyon, Olympic, and a couple of others with no trouble at all. No going into buildings though. -- Outhouses could be considered a grey area.

mFonz77

You are good to go. I open carried there on Feb 22 when it became legal and did not get hassled, and have many times since.

Just don't enter the visitor's center at the base of the mountain road and you will be good to go. You may see Border Patrol at the trailhead; they don't blink an eye and in fact will probably chat you up a bit.

Let me know if you want some company when you visit.

np2.jpg

Last edited: