Thread: Asked to leave hardware store

Asked to leave hardware store

I was asked to leave Verns Do it best in Pulaski. They now have signs on order "no open carry allowed." As per my request. ON another note I usually go into DQ, and the Co-op which has a ACE hardware and NAPA in it without a problem.

Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar
    Please do NOT request businesses post. It will only encourage other businesses to do so.

Pulaski is close. remind me not to buy anything in that store.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

I called the store, and spoke with "Al" the manager (very nice guy on the phone). He informed me that it is the owner's preference not to allow it, and that he must abide by this person's rules. In turn, I politely informed him that by discriminating against my right to open carry, I will not shop in his store. We both understood one another, and left it cordially at that.

Do the more experienced individuals on this site believe it to be of some benefit to encourage potential patrons (such as myself) to contact businesses that forbid us to exercise our right to open carry, and politely remind them of the revenue they are losing because of this decision?

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Personally, I would call/email the owner and respectfully explain that you will cease to shop there.

Before someone jumps on me, don't forget, they have private property rights as well and can refuse service to anyone.

As Hubert mentioned, under no circumstances should you even suggest that they put up a sign. If they do, we can't enter. If the sign isn't there, we can practice serial entry. What I mean by that is, if there isn't a sign, I can go in, get thrown out, you then go in and get thrown on and so on and so on. This would show the owners that they had to throw out 50 OC'ers and therefore it cost them business. If they put up the sign at the 1st one, they will never know that the other 49 are waiting in the wings.

sorry i didnt think of that

Quote Originally Posted by skorittnig View Post

Do the more experienced individuals on this site believe it to be of some benefit to encourage potential patrons (such as myself) to contact businesses that forbid us to exercise our right to open carry, and politely remind them of the revenue they are losing because of this decision?
    Not only should you contact the owner but if you have an e-mail address the rest of us could do the same. It is possible that asking one to leave is no big deal to the owner but asking 50 to shop elsewhere might make him give some real thought to his stores policy. Carry on.

Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar
    I encourage EVERYONE who comes across a business that doesn't support the constitution of the state of WI and the United States of America to PATRONIZE such a business.

Here in the La Crosse area, I go to Burger King on a regular basis specifically because they told me I couldn't carry there. I go in once a month and I take a COPY of ALL my receipts from every place I've eaten out over the last month.

I specifically ask for the manager, give then a copy of the receipts, and let them know that I would MUCH PREFER to do business with them, but cannot because of their current policy. I encourage them to LOOK at the receipts, I show them they are loosing hundreds of dollars every month (Chinese, Pizza, McDonalds, Perkins, Buffets, etc.).

It hasn't changed their policy yet, but that is because the parent company (Heartland, WI) doesn't care about the monetary loss or your rights. However, I was told by one local manager that he/she "is considering ignoring the policy."

The moral of the story, "I spent $800 at Menards/Depot/Lows that I could have and would have spent here."

Do that regularly and MAYBE they'll change the policy. In this economy, I just can't see how they can throw away that kind of money.