• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC'd from Washington to Texas (almost)

ak56

Campaign Veteran
Left from Carnation about 1PM Saturday driving a 17ft U-Haul truck. OC'd in many Gas stations and Rest Areas in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Utah and New Mexico. Concealed when leaving the gas station in Texico, about 100 yards before the Texas border. Arrived in Lubbock 8:30 Monday evening.

Not a single negative encounter on the way.

Flying back Sunday.

Looks like I need to start carrying in Tolt-MacDonald Park when I get back.

tombrewster421

It just seems so wrong that the only place you had to conceal was Texas. I thought they loved their guns down there. Hope they elect someone that will change that for them.

ak56

Campaign Veteran
You from Lubbock? My family is from Lubbock.

My son-in-law has family in Lubbock, and he and my daughter moved here last November. Lot's of their stuff was still stored in Washington, so my daughter flew up, and she and I drove the u-haul down.
You missed Arizona!
Come on back some time.

-MH

My wife and I plan to make the drive periodically, and have definite plans to visit Arizona along the way.
It just seems so wrong that the only place you had to conceal was Texas. I thought they loved their guns down there. Hope they elect someone that will change that for them.

Yeah, it does seem strange.
Oklahoma too.

Following the discussions on the Oklahoma forum, they got close this year. Hopefully it will happen next year.
Geeze and I was all excited for OCing a stone's throw into Idaho. Buzzkill :p

Didn't mean to kill your buzz:lol:. This was my first real OC experience, and was mostly in the truck, at the pumps at gas stations, and in rest areas.

Now I have to start carrying more in my own state, when I get back to Washington.