• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Last post

69Charger

Thank you to all I have met. You have been good friends.
I have learned and appreciate what others are doing to promote the normalization of handguns in the general public.
Unfortunately I have come to realize that I can not fit the profile which many here feel you need to fit. Its just not in my nature on too many issues. (reading responses to other threads has hit a nerve)
I will continue to Open Carry when the weather permits (as I did before joining this forum) and try not to damage what others have worked for.
And will always support our 2nd amendment rights. (in the way I have for the last 30yrs) And am proud of.
But It is now up to someone else to organize a get together.(Dennys 3rd Saturday meet)
Its hard when your heart is not in it. And I find mine is not.
It has been an eye opener.
Stay safe and keep your powder dry.
SEMPER FI
Dave

sirpuma

Sorry you feel the need to leave just because of a difference of opinion. I don't agree with some people here and I'm sure some wouldn't agree with me on everything. But we're all here to help support each other in exercising our God given rights. Either way, take care.

Tomas

Sad to see you go, Dave, as I more often than not have agreed with your thoughts and opinions, and appreciated the energy you brought to the community.

Thing is, I also understand the feelings that are pushing you to leave. :(

Do keep lurking here, Dave, as there is a lot to be learned, and who knows, there might even be changes over time.

Take care,
Tom

Deleted_User

I enjoyed meeting you in Federal Way and was hoping to continue our conversation in the future. My wife was hoping to meet you as well in the future. Do take care and keep an eye in here from time to time.

God speed, be safe.

Mech

Sorry to see you taking your leave. We've definitely enjoyed your stay here. Take it easy, we'll leave the light on for ya :)

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Ok, I am confused???

You posted at 1:24 that it was your last post. Then you started a new thread that it is your last post.

Why?

Do you seek attention? Confirmation?

Others come and go all the time for various reasons. The debate here can be spirited at times. I have thick skin and don't mind the differences of opinion. I have learned a great deal from those with different opinions.

I guess I expected more from a US Marine?

As I have told many gun enthusiasts at the gun shows, OC is not for everyone. You make a conscious decision to engage the public, law enforcement and society as a whole. I came out of the closet last year in this regard. And I will fight for the entire Constitution and Bill of Rights with my fortune, my life and my sacred honor.

sudden valley gunner

Dave being different is no crime. And everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Many folks here feel strongly about all our rights. And we will state our opinions passionately. Just like having a spirited debate with a friend you may disagree with politically. You don't just walk away and stop being buddy's.

tombrewster421

Ok, I am confused???

You posted at 1:24 that it was your last post. Then you started a new thread that it is your last post.

Why?

Others come and go all the time for various reasons. The debate here can be spirited at times. I have thick skin and don't mind the differences of opinion. I have learned a great deal from those with different opinions.

As I have told many gun enthusiasts at the gun shows, OC is not for everyone. You make a conscious decision to engage the public, law enforcement and society as a whole. I came out of the closet last year in this regard. And I will fight for the entire Constitution and Bill of Rights with my fortune, my life and my sacred honor.

Really! Your gonna criticize the way he chooses to post that he's leaving.

Sad to see you go Dave, you were the first OCer I met and hoped to get to know you a bit better. Thanks for your support and enjoy life with your family as much as possible.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I'm gonna toss this in, not particularly aiming it at the OPer. More for others if they decide to cut off from OCDO.

I think the Last Post concept, and then mention of disagreement is sort of a veiled criticism, and attempt to hurt feelings. Or, certainly it can be taken that way, even if not intended.

Certainly the OPs type of post is distinguishable from some of the noiser departures we've seen with their not-veiled criticisms. Heck, one fella even departed noisily a few times, only to keep returning after his hurt feelings settled down. So, its not like the OP is committing some huge offensive act.

The classy way to do it would be something more along the lines of a Farewell-Best Wishes post. Mention all the good times. Keep up the OC, etc. If any mention of a reason, don't lie. Just say off to spend time doing other things.

Last edited:

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Ok, I am confused???

Why?

Man I knew you were taking a nose dive, but dammm how arrogant can one be and self serving.

Dave you need to stick around and at least give an opposing view to some of the garbage.

semper fi

Last edited:

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Dave being different is no crime. And everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Many folks here feel strongly about all our rights. And we will state our opinions passionately. Just like having a spirited debate with a friend you may disagree with politically. You don't just walk away and stop being buddy's.

Have to agree with you on this one.

Ruby

Ok, I am confused???

Why?

I don't thinik you could be more pompous and arrogant if you tried. This kind of attitude is why I am leaving also. I don't need it in my life.

1245A Defender

is the forum better now??

I don't thinik you could be more pompous and arrogant if you tried. This kind of attitude is why I am leaving also. I don't need it in my life.

we loose two members, over a thread about an encounter with LEO?
you think gogo is arrogant and pompous?
i think he is insightful and intelligent.
he is polite and measured, learned and understanding.
he has thick skin and the will to say what he needs to say, without flinching.

this forum is a free space, take from it, what you like, add to it, your opinion and knowledge.

your last posts are disheartening.
why is everybody so mean?
an armed society is a polite society.
we fight sometimes, we fight with our words, not our fists, or our guns!
maybe you need to spend more time with your other pursuits, thats a good idea.
but are you trying to make us feel bad, because we dont behave like good kids?

quitters never win, WINNERS NEVER QUIT!!

Kryteon

What Defender said....Amen Brother.

I seldon post here. I come for the information. I'll continue to visit and post occasionally. I've learned to ignore the soap operas and take what I can for myself.

If you have a thin skin, had your feelings hurt, or feel you don't "fit in", sooner or later you're going to run out of places to go.

It's easy to get wrapped around the axel if you take everything personally. When replying to a thread, all you have to do is give your opinion then move on. Some will accept your opinion, others won't. Who cares? Is it really worth the effort it takes to unbunge someone elses panties? I don't think so.

In the meantime, keep the good information coming, and if it takes thinning of the herd to make this a better forum, so be it.

Just my opinion.... I could be wrong. :)

Mainsail

Ok, I am confused???

Don’t be confused. Forum suicide is not a new concept; people have done it since way back in the days of the newsgroups. You’re right in that people come and go. I used to be much more involved in this group but backed out a little due to some of the immaturity, silliness, and off-topic nonsense. I open carry for my reasons, not because I’m a political activist or because I’m trying to change the world. It’s legal and it’s preferred for the reasons I stated here.

When the Washington sub-forum became a sort of dumping ground for whatever anyone felt like mentioning, instead of firearms and the open carry thereof, I merely backed out a little. It’s not my forum and I have no ownership over any of it. If I see something of interest I will comment, if not I won’t. No drama. Dave Workman directed Ruby here because she had a lot of questions about open carry and I did my best to help. I don’t understand her leaving, but if that’s what she wants then it’s her decision to make. As for the OP, I never met him or really read much of what he’s written, but if he needs a dramatic exit, he got what he was looking for. Time to move on.

Last edited:

G20-IWB24/7

So, I see a group of experienced OCers who have "been through the fire" (some of them multiple times) who are standing up and not backing down when another group of lesser-experienced OCers are trying to somehow soften the way that OC is supposed to be approached from a civil rights 2A/4A standpoint.

This second group is reaping the benefits of the labors of the first group, and then trampling over their work by submitting and/or volunteering to these detainments/disarming. Learning *what* to do, and not being *willing* to do what is fair and right in regards to these situations are two completely different things. I have not seen anyone here who is shunned because of not KNOWING what to do.

We're all more than happy to point people in the right direction and arm them with the information that they need to know to successfully make it through a LEO encounter. However, when people join a movement, which has gained the public stage in recent years and decide that they 'like the idea' but are going to do it another way, it is like a slap in the face to those who have gotten the movement to where it is currently.

We don't fight with fists or guns, as has been said before. But this is a dynamic movement that can enter into unfamiliar territory for some people (like telling cops "no."). This forum will get heated from time to time because people are passionate about the work that they do to normalize handgun carry in the public.

Mainsail, welcome back. Haven't seen you in a while around here. Lemme ask you a question:
**** How many times have you met handcuffs for doing nothing other than OCing where you were legally able to do so? Of those times, how often did you 'consent' to your detainment?

Beretta92FSLady

I said this on another chat that I am on, left for about nine months, then came back, but it wasn't ever the same again.

Thank you for at least telling us that you are setting off. I think the people who just drop off are jerks.

Sara Mae