Thread: We're responsible for our own safety, another sad example.

Founder's Club Member PrayingForWar's Avatar

We're responsible for our own safety, another sad example.

Podunk local cops wasted more than half an hour assessing the Connecticut home invasion and setting up a vehicle perimeter -- time the two attackers used to strangle the mother in her living room and set the fire that claimed the lives of the two girls upstairs, according to shocking testimony today.
    The revelation -- which suggests perhaps the family could have been saved but for police bungling -- came on day three of testimony in the murder trial of crack addict Steven Hayes, charged as one of the two monsters who launched a rein of rape and murder against a Cheshire, CT family on a Monday morning in July, 2007. Story continues...
    http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/s...QsVZvBGXAEnHRP
    The family could have saved themselves but for want of a 1911, Remington 870 or AR15.
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PrayingForWar View Post
    The family could have saved themselves but for want of a 1911, Remington 870 or AR15.
    Sad story, this is why although LEO prove to be some necessary part in our society they can not be depended upon to save you or your loved ones. Your best defense is for you to ready at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Sad story, this is why although LEO prove to be some necessary part in our society they can not be depended upon to save you or your loved ones. Your best defense is for you to ready at all times.
    Indeed, however those people who pretend to be journalists would not point that simple logic out. It fits their agenda to (rightly) expose police incompetence, meanwhile ignoring the obvious fact that YOU are the first responder in a violent attack. The police merely put you in a bag, collect evidence and attempt to bring the attacker to trial.
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    It would be interesting if you described just how you see the "LEO" as any necessary part of our society.

There may be a role for actual peace officers, but I see none for the LEO.
    I will not knowingly initiate force. I am a self owner.

Let the record show that I did not consent to be governed. I did not consent to any constitution. I did not consent to any president. I did not consent to any law except the natural law of "mala en se." I did not consent to the police. Nor any tax. Nor any prohibition of anything. Nor any regulation or licensing of any kind.

Which is exactly why I put this quote from Thomas Jefferson on my posts. One good weapon, or maybe a few would have turned this into a "True tales of self defense" Hope they fry both of the bastards that did this despicable deed. Hangin's too good for 'em. Aught to give them "Old Testament Justice" An eye for an eye,,,
    ‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’ Thomas Jefferson

Banned
    Great quote, but Jefferson did not say it:

http://wiki.monticello.org/mediawiki...rrying_of_arms

Memorize:

• Police have no legal duty to protect individuals.
    • Police have no legal liability when they fail to protect individuals.
    • Police have virtually no physical ability to protect individuals.

When your life is in danger RIGHT NOW, protect YOURSELF or don't get protected AT ALL. Anything else is just a LIE.

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    Memorize:

• Police have no legal duty to protect individuals.
    • Police have no legal liability when they fail to protect individuals.
    • Police have virtually no physical ability to protect individuals.

When your life is in danger RIGHT NOW, protect YOURSELF or don't get protected AT ALL. Anything else is just a LIE.
    The coroner's number should be 811.

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post

Well if he didn't say it originally he sure read it and would have said it himself. Now how about sticking to the topic at hand as opposed to wasting your, and my time dispelling my quote.
    ‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’ Thomas Jefferson

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KansasMustang View Post
    Which is exactly why I put this quote from Thomas Jefferson on my posts. One good weapon, or maybe a few would have turned this into a "True tales of self defense" Hope they fry both of the bastards that did this despicable deed. Hangin's too good for 'em. Aught to give them "Old Testament Justice" An eye for an eye,,,
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by KansasMustang View Post
    Well if he didn't say it originally he sure read it and would have said it himself. Now how about sticking to the topic at hand as opposed to wasting your, and my time dispelling my quote.
    Just thought I'd put these three posts side-by-side and highlight their irony.

Moving on.

Quote Originally Posted by PrayingForWar View Post

As has been said many times before and all too sadly, very accurately:

When SECONDS count, the police are MINUTESaway.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.(borrowed from RioKid)