• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

We're responsible for our own safety, another sad example.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
Podunk local cops wasted more than half an hour assessing the Connecticut home invasion and setting up a vehicle perimeter -- time the two attackers used to strangle the mother in her living room and set the fire that claimed the lives of the two girls upstairs, according to shocking testimony today.
The revelation -- which suggests perhaps the family could have been saved but for police bungling -- came on day three of testimony in the murder trial of crack addict Steven Hayes, charged as one of the two monsters who launched a rein of rape and murder against a Cheshire, CT family on a Monday morning in July, 2007. Story continues...
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/shocking_testimony_reveals_police_32mOVk4qQsVZvBGXAEnHRP

The family could have saved themselves but for want of a 1911, Remington 870 or AR15.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
Sad story, this is why although LEO prove to be some necessary part in our society they can not be depended upon to save you or your loved ones. Your best defense is for you to ready at all times.

Indeed, however those people who pretend to be journalists would not point that simple logic out. It fits their agenda to (rightly) expose police incompetence, meanwhile ignoring the obvious fact that YOU are the first responder in a violent attack. The police merely put you in a bag, collect evidence and attempt to bring the attacker to trial.

MamaLiberty

Sad story, this is why although LEO prove to be some necessary part in our society they can not be depended upon to save you or your loved ones. Your best defense is for you to ready at all times.

It would be interesting if you described just how you see the "LEO" as any necessary part of our society.

There may be a role for actual peace officers, but I see none for the LEO.

KansasMustang

Which is exactly why I put this quote from Thomas Jefferson on my posts. One good weapon, or maybe a few would have turned this into a "True tales of self defense" Hope they fry both of the bastards that did this despicable deed. Hangin's too good for 'em. Aught to give them "Old Testament Justice" An eye for an eye,,,

Deanimator

Memorize:

• Police have no legal duty to protect individuals.
  • Police have no legal liability when they fail to protect individuals.
  • Police have virtually no physical ability to protect individuals.

When your life is in danger RIGHT NOW, protect YOURSELF or don't get protected AT ALL. Anything else is just a LIE.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
Memorize:

• Police have no legal duty to protect individuals.
  • Police have no legal liability when they fail to protect individuals.
  • Police have virtually no physical ability to protect individuals.
When your life is in danger RIGHT NOW, protect YOURSELF or don't get protected AT ALL. Anything else is just a LIE.

The coroner's number should be 811.

eye95

Which is exactly why I put this quote from Thomas Jefferson on my posts. One good weapon, or maybe a few would have turned this into a "True tales of self defense" Hope they fry both of the bastards that did this despicable deed. Hangin's too good for 'em. Aught to give them "Old Testament Justice" An eye for an eye,,,

Well if he didn't say it originally he sure read it and would have said it himself. Now how about sticking to the topic at hand as opposed to wasting your, and my time dispelling my quote.

Just thought I'd put these three posts side-by-side and highlight their irony.

Moving on.