Thread: Crime rate in PHX continues to fall...

Crime rate in PHX continues to fall...

...but, ssssh - don't tell the anti gun crowd - link:

http://www.azcentral.com/community/p...half-2010.html

Thanks for the link--I've shared it with my friends and family. Of particular interest is the fact that Phoenix has had as many homicides in the first half of this year as my hometown back in (the People's Republik of) Illinois

Just to play devil's advocate, the article is claiming the reduction in crime to have to do with law enforcement agencies. I heard no mention of the passage of gun friendly laws having anything to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by acmariner99 View Post
    Just to play devil's advocate, the article is claiming the reduction in crime to have to do with law enforcement agencies. I heard no mention of the passage of gun friendly laws having anything to do with it.
    Well haven't you heard the latest news, more guns = more crime. No wait. Uh never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by acmariner99 View Post
    They'll never admit that non LEOs had anything to do with the decrease, I wonder why?

I hope the PRK* doesn't hear about this, they'll want to export some of their crime to our lovely state!

-MH

*Peoples Republic of Kalifornia
    Last edited by March Hare; 09-17-2010 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by March Hare View Post
    They'll never admit that non LEOs had anything to do with the decrease, I wonder why?

-MH
    God forbid citizens that can *actually take care of themselves* and don't need lawmakers to do it for them. The same fear tactics employed by criminals are used by many career politicians from the left.

Good points. I would also refer to such comments that an LEO made in PHX a couple weeks back over a justified shooting: "This is Arizona, people carry guns, make a stupid decision and it could very well be your last."