• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CCW Holders Forum - Sept 30, 2010

varminter22

EVENT: CARRY CONCEALEDWEAPON PERMIT HOLDERS FORUM

DATE/TIME: September 30, 2010, Thursday 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.

LOCATION Nevada Legislative Building Room 1214
401 S. Carson Street, Carson City NV

Teleconference locations:

Grant Sawyer Building – Legislative Counsel Bureau Room 4412
555 E. Washington Ave, Las Vegas Nevada

Great Basin College – Auditorium
1500 College Parkway, Elko NV

The Nevada Sheriffs’ and Chiefs’ Association will be hosting the annual Nevada
Carry Concealed Weapon (CCW) Permit Holders Forum. The forum is intended to
allow public input regarding the administration of the CCW permitting process
which is the responsibility of the county Sheriffs. The moderating panel will consist
of Douglas County Undersheriff Paul Howell, the Association’s CCW Committee
Chairman, Julie Butler the Division of Records and Technology Nevada
Department of Public Safety, and Frank Adams, Executive Director of the Nevada
Sheriffs’ and Chiefs’ Association.

The forum will be held on September 30, 2010, from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. It will
be held at the Nevada Legislature Building 401 S. Carson Street, Carson City NV, in
room1214 and it will be teleconferenced to the Grant Sawyer Building 555 E.
Washington Blvd. Las Vegas NV, room 4412 and the Great Basin College 1500
College Parkway Elko NV. The meeting will also be broadcast on the Nevada
Legislature’s website at www.leg.state.nv.us. For those that can’t attend the
meeting, questions can be submitted before hand via email to fadams@nvsca.com or
mailed to the Nevada Sheriffs’ and Chiefs’ Association P.O. Box 3247 Mesquite NV

varminter22

This is an important event - and your chance to ask questions and air opinions.

Last year I think there were approx 300 people attending in Carson City - the room was packed!

A smaller group assembled in Vegas for the video teleconference. I hope more Vegas folks will participate this year.

Yard Sale

Nevermind their silly policies. Is it a 202.367 concealed prohibited public building? Are there any state laws that would prevent open carry?

timf343

Campaign Veteran
Its the Grant Sawyer building, so any 202.3673 posting would be enforceable by law. No law prevents Open Carry, but I saw a post for last year's CCW meeting posted on another forum by one of the guards at the building and they were very concerned about OC and the scene that would be caused kicking out OC'ers.

varminter22

A couple of inaccuracies in the Sun article:

Quote:
Frank Adams, lobbyist for the Sheriffs and Chiefs, said the organization intended to sponsor a bill in the Legislature to close those records.

The NSCA can no longer "sponsor" bills - but they can support bills brought forward by legislators.

Quote:
Howell said there were 97,000 concealed weapons permits statewide and only a few of those holders ever get in trouble.

I am quite confident the figure mentioned was 47,000.