Thread: Interesting conversation at WM

Interesting conversation at WM

Tuesday, I was shopping at West Plains Wal-Mart, and as I was checking out, the cashier asked me "So why do you carry a gun?" I responded "To keep someone from messing with me." She said something to the efffect of "No way, I'm serious, why do you carry a gun?" This was repeated three times before she asked if I was law enforcement. I told her that I was,( I hardly ever wear a badge when in plain clothes except when working etc. to support open carry.) I then told her that if I was wearing a badge she would not have asked about the gun. As it was, she did ask, and I had the opportunity to explain to her and the next customer in line, that OC was legal. She then responded with the old "as long as you have a permit, right?" etc. I informed her that no permit is required to OC only to CC. She was shocked and then told me that there had been a lady OCing in the store some time previous. She then stated "So she's legal" etc. For the first time to ever be stopped in Wal-Mart after 11 years of OC the event was positive, and I had the chance to "witness".
    The responsibility is ours, the results, GODS

Glad to hear you got to educate others on the legality (and acceptance) of OC. I do believe Wal-Mart is one of the safest places to shop!

Quote Originally Posted by mFonz77 View Post
    Glad to hear you got to educate others on the legality (and acceptance) of OC. I do believe Wal-Mart is one of the safest places to shop!
    Excluding Raytown, MO Walmart where OC is not welcome.

While the interior of the store might be safe, the parking lots are totally different stories.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=walmart+crime
    Freedom is a bit like sex, when your getting it you take it for granted, when you're not you want it bad, other people get mad at you for having it and others want to take it away from you so only they have it.