• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Interesting conversation at WM

patriotthad

Tuesday, I was shopping at West Plains Wal-Mart, and as I was checking out, the cashier asked me "So why do you carry a gun?" I responded "To keep someone from messing with me." She said something to the efffect of "No way, I'm serious, why do you carry a gun?" This was repeated three times before she asked if I was law enforcement. I told her that I was,( I hardly ever wear a badge when in plain clothes except when working etc. to support open carry.) I then told her that if I was wearing a badge she would not have asked about the gun. As it was, she did ask, and I had the opportunity to explain to her and the next customer in line, that OC was legal. She then responded with the old "as long as you have a permit, right?" etc. I informed her that no permit is required to OC only to CC. She was shocked and then told me that there had been a lady OCing in the store some time previous. She then stated "So she's legal" etc. For the first time to ever be stopped in Wal-Mart after 11 years of OC the event was positive, and I had the chance to "witness".

mFonz77

Glad to hear you got to educate others on the legality (and acceptance) of OC. I do believe Wal-Mart is one of the safest places to shop!