• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The law isn't even introduced and the pofiteering begins

springfield 1911

Founder's Club Member
Yes for sure this will be the next battle. It won't be long before you will have to have a permit and training to operate a riding lawn mower. Springfield can you post that link to the WSC wall where you are seeing this so we can respond if possible?

I stand firm on Constitutional Carry. No Permits, No fees. It only creates bigger government and we don't need that at all.
J gleason will these links do?
YouTube - 4th Street Forum | Program | #823 If you choose not to watch the whole program you can start around 30 min in. Brad was there and did ask a question.

http://www.expressmilwaukee.com/art...hecks-would-make-wisconsin-safer-da-says.html

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/64262272.html

pahleh

I got this email the other day from a firearms instructor. As someone who has and is currently enrolled in firearms training classes, this kind of profiteering makes me angry. Straight from the horses mouth, Conceal Carry instructors promise that government mandated training will line their pocket books as "artificial" demand brought about by the law will drive the mandatory training class prices sky high.

This was from the fellow that calls people "Sheepdogs", correct?

I got the same thing and had it in the bit bucket before I read half of it.

springfield 1911

Founder's Club Member
Shepherd: What would happen if the state Legislature doesn’t act on these reforms?

Chisholm: I’m going to make a prediction right now because I don’t know if we have the will and the foresight to do this but I predict that nothing will happen and that Chicago vs. McDonald will hold that the Second Amendment is incorporated into the 14th Amendment [and call into question other state and local gun laws]. Then 20 seconds later the NRA will file a challenge to [Wisconsin’s concealed carry statute] and they will win. And at that point in time we will be left with no CCW and no regulatory scheme at all. That’s what I think will happen.

Yea right on this prediction, The N.R.A. certified instructor's would not be able to profit that the mandatory training would provide if the N.R.A. challanged Wi. concealed carry ban and won.

Shepherd: How did that happen?

Chisholm: The [DA’s] office made the improvident decision to prosecute a gentleman named [Munir] Hamdan back in 1999, before I took over as team captain of the gun unit. Hamdan was a store owner who had a gun underneath his store counter, and when the officer went [into his store] and found the gun, he brought him in to prosecute for CCW.

That implicated the Wisconsin right to keep and bear arms amendment. In the Supreme Court decision, the court upheld the constitutionality of the CCW statute, but barely so. What [the court] basically said was [that the Legislature] needs to start looking very closely at this law and figure out what [it is] going to do with this in the future. But what we’ve done is nothing. So we’ve been living on borrowed time. And that time is up now.

Pehaps we should'nt wait for the legislature , We could be missing an opportunity.

J.Gleason

Banned
Shepherd: What would happen if the state Legislature doesn’t act on these reforms?

Chisholm: I’m going to make a prediction right now because I don’t know if we have the will and the foresight to do this but I predict that nothing will happen and that Chicago vs. McDonald will hold that the Second Amendment is incorporated into the 14th Amendment [and call into question other state and local gun laws]. Then 20 seconds later the NRA will file a challenge to [Wisconsin’s concealed carry statute] and they will win. And at that point in time we will be left with no CCW and no regulatory scheme at all. That’s what I think will happen.

Yea right on this prediction, The N.R.A. certified instructor's would not be able to profit that the mandatory training would provide if the N.R.A. challanged Wi. concealed carry ban and won.

Shepherd: How did that happen?

Chisholm: The [DA’s] office made the improvident decision to prosecute a gentleman named [Munir] Hamdan back in 1999, before I took over as team captain of the gun unit. Hamdan was a store owner who had a gun underneath his store counter, and when the officer went [into his store] and found the gun, he brought him in to prosecute for CCW.

That implicated the Wisconsin right to keep and bear arms amendment. In the Supreme Court decision, the court upheld the constitutionality of the CCW statute, but barely so. What [the court] basically said was [that the Legislature] needs to start looking very closely at this law and figure out what [it is] going to do with this in the future. But what we’ve done is nothing. So we’ve been living on borrowed time. And that time is up now.

Pehaps we should'nt wait for the legislature , We could be missing an opportunity.

+1000