Thread: First Time OC Today

First Time OC Today

Today, the family and I went to Newks in Flowood. I noticed one guy glance at me as we walked up to the restaurant. The chick at the register looked shell shocked, but nothing spoken. Maybe, that's how she looked all the time.

After Newks, we ran over to Best Buy to find a new battery for my wife's cell phone. We met a friend of ours from church in the parking lot. He didn't say anything about my sidearm. We went into the store and no one said a thing.

For my safety, I was voice recording the whole time. It picked up everything pretty good.
    Last edited by DCKilla; 09-16-2010 at 11:07 PM.

Today, I took my two boys to my friends house to watch him work on a car. My boys became bored after an hour. We left and filled up on gas at the Shell station at Pemberton and HWY 80 in Pearl. Then we ran over to Bass Pro so the boys can see the fish. I also looked at some hard travel cases for my pistol.

So far, my everyday carry around my area has been positive. There is no real hardcore anti's hangin' around here. I haven't been to any parts of Jackson yet. Reason being, it's not in my everyday routine to be in that part of town.

glad to hear everything is going good for you so far
    HI-POINT .45

Congrats!

Congrats on getting your permit. Glad to hear that your day out went without incident.

OCed at Sam's Club in Pearl last Saturday. My wife wanted to become members. The folks at the counter were very helpful with the registration. In the middle of all that the employee finally noticed my pistol. She was slightly shocked and asked if it was legal. "Of course" was my reply. The other employee ask if I was a cop or security. I replied, "Nope just a civilian." After that we finished our registration. It was a pretty good encounter. Hell didn't freeze over and my wife got what she wanted.

Nichols-Boyd Pumpkin Patch

This farm is located off of 43 in Rankin County north of Brandon. My family and I will be there tomorrow. I'm having second thoughts about OCing at this place. The farm is for the kids and private property. So, the worst thing that could happen is get kicked off.

Yesterday, Oct. 1
    Cici's Pizza, Flowood, no looks and no issues
    The Play Place (a place were little kids come and play all day for $3), Ridgeland, no looks and no issues
    Bass Pro Shop, Pearl, hasselled by front door employee and manager, but allowed to stay.

Today, Oct. 2
    Kroger x2, Pearl, no looks and no issues
    Sam's Club, Pearl, no looks and no issues

Went to the pumkin patch today while CC. I CC for my kids and not everyone else. Getting kicked out was not an option. Seeing my kids being kids and having fun was worth it.

that was the thing to do you dont nead to disipoint the kids I open carry a lot but i also conceal carry a good bit

i oc'd today at cruising the coast with no issues. one person asked me if I was the police when I told him no he said good cause he was going to drink. and he didnt want any trouble.
    HI-POINT .45

What city did you go to when you went to the cruising the coast event?

I was in Biloxi
    HI-POINT .45

today i open carried in Logans in diberville and then went over to Rouses in Ocean Springs and had no issues just a few double takes.
    HI-POINT .45

Quote Originally Posted by luvnfords View Post
    today i open carried in Logans in diberville and then went over to Rouses in Ocean Springs and had no issues just a few double takes.
    I open carried tonight at the gulfport walmart,home depot kmart,and foodgiant
    I didnot have any problems or double takes

OC at the Brandon Newks and Pearl Walmart. I'm still waiting for the day that the state strikes "churches and places of worship" from 45-9-101.

Regular Member Brimstone Baritone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DCKilla View Post
    OC at the Brandon Newks and Pearl Walmart. I'm still waiting for the day that the state strikes "churches and places of worship" from 45-9-101.
    I hear ya. Glad everything's going well for you. I hope you still keep the recorder going, though. You never know when you'll need it.

I've been pretty lazy about my recorder. It's been on me, but not turned on.

OCed at the gun show in Jackson, MS. I reluctantly gave the LEO at the front table my ammo from my magazine. He also ziptied my pistol which I was ready for with a box cutter in my pocket. Besides that, the gun show was pretty good.

Had food at the Burger King in Richland
    Went to a pawn shop and military surplus store in Pearl.

Quote Originally Posted by DCKilla View Post
    OCed at the gun show in Jackson, MS. I reluctantly gave the LEO at the front table my ammo from my magazine. He also ziptied my pistol which I was ready for with a box cutter in my pocket. Besides that, the gun show was pretty good.

Had food at the Burger King in Richland
    Went to a pawn shop and military surplus store in Pearl.
    they tie wrap the guns at all the shows I unload my gun before i go in

I was hoping that they'd let me pass with some ammo. They did give it back before I left.

Yesterday, we went to Up The Creek in Flowood. After eating, ran over to the Pearl Kroger before heading home. I waited in the car with the kids while my wife was in the store. There was some shopping carts in a handicap parking spot. So, I went ahead and moved them to the propper location. While in the middle of this good deed, a man asked me about my pistol. He was wondering why I was pushing carts while carrying a pistol. I was just doing a good deed while protecting myself. He had a Ruger P90 at home. Unfortunately, I didn't tell him he should get a permit before carrying or about OCDO. So, I'm kicking myself for that.

Went shooting with my friend at the Magnolia Rifle and Pistol Range. Shot his new SVT-40, my SR9, his M&P 9mm compact. OC at this place is somewhat limited and frowned upon, no big deal.
    Also, went to the Flowood Applebees.

Last night after work I oc'ed at the Pascagoula Walmart with no issues. When i got there i saw a Pascagoula PD car sitting out front but never saw him in the store so i assume they dont mind and have people oc a good bit in that store.
    HI-POINT .45

OC at the Jackson Olive Garden and Petsmart. To add on top of that, I finally made a pilgrimage to the OC mecca aka Starbucks. Jackson has the only stand alone corporate Starbucks in the Jackson metro area. So, that was a good night for my wife and I without kids. There were no looks (as if I care any more) or comments from anyone.
    Last edited by DCKilla; 10-23-2010 at 11:17 PM.