• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First Time OC Today

DCKilla

Today, the family and I went to Newks in Flowood. I noticed one guy glance at me as we walked up to the restaurant. The chick at the register looked shell shocked, but nothing spoken. Maybe, that's how she looked all the time.

After Newks, we ran over to Best Buy to find a new battery for my wife's cell phone. We met a friend of ours from church in the parking lot. He didn't say anything about my sidearm. We went into the store and no one said a thing.

For my safety, I was voice recording the whole time. It picked up everything pretty good.

Last edited:

DCKilla

Today, I took my two boys to my friends house to watch him work on a car. My boys became bored after an hour. We left and filled up on gas at the Shell station at Pemberton and HWY 80 in Pearl. Then we ran over to Bass Pro so the boys can see the fish. I also looked at some hard travel cases for my pistol.

DCKilla

So far, my everyday carry around my area has been positive. There is no real hardcore anti's hangin' around here. I haven't been to any parts of Jackson yet. Reason being, it's not in my everyday routine to be in that part of town.

sqrlh8r

Congrats!

Congrats on getting your permit. Glad to hear that your day out went without incident.

DCKilla

OCed at Sam's Club in Pearl last Saturday. My wife wanted to become members. The folks at the counter were very helpful with the registration. In the middle of all that the employee finally noticed my pistol. She was slightly shocked and asked if it was legal. "Of course" was my reply. The other employee ask if I was a cop or security. I replied, "Nope just a civilian." After that we finished our registration. It was a pretty good encounter. Hell didn't freeze over and my wife got what she wanted.

DCKilla

Nichols-Boyd Pumpkin Patch

This farm is located off of 43 in Rankin County north of Brandon. My family and I will be there tomorrow. I'm having second thoughts about OCing at this place. The farm is for the kids and private property. So, the worst thing that could happen is get kicked off.

DCKilla

Yesterday, Oct. 1
Cici's Pizza, Flowood, no looks and no issues
The Play Place (a place were little kids come and play all day for $3), Ridgeland, no looks and no issues
Bass Pro Shop, Pearl, hasselled by front door employee and manager, but allowed to stay.

Today, Oct. 2
Kroger x2, Pearl, no looks and no issues
Sam's Club, Pearl, no looks and no issues

Went to the pumkin patch today while CC. I CC for my kids and not everyone else. Getting kicked out was not an option. Seeing my kids being kids and having fun was worth it.

robbyw

that was the thing to do you dont nead to disipoint the kids I open carry a lot but i also conceal carry a good bit

luvnfords

i oc'd today at cruising the coast with no issues. one person asked me if I was the police when I told him no he said good cause he was going to drink. and he didnt want any trouble.

luvnfords

today i open carried in Logans in diberville and then went over to Rouses in Ocean Springs and had no issues just a few double takes.

robbyw

today i open carried in Logans in diberville and then went over to Rouses in Ocean Springs and had no issues just a few double takes.

I open carried tonight at the gulfport walmart,home depot kmart,and foodgiant
I didnot have any problems or double takes

DCKilla

OC at the Brandon Newks and Pearl Walmart. I'm still waiting for the day that the state strikes "churches and places of worship" from 45-9-101.

DCKilla

OCed at the gun show in Jackson, MS. I reluctantly gave the LEO at the front table my ammo from my magazine. He also ziptied my pistol which I was ready for with a box cutter in my pocket. Besides that, the gun show was pretty good.

Had food at the Burger King in Richland
Went to a pawn shop and military surplus store in Pearl.

robbyw

OCed at the gun show in Jackson, MS. I reluctantly gave the LEO at the front table my ammo from my magazine. He also ziptied my pistol which I was ready for with a box cutter in my pocket. Besides that, the gun show was pretty good.

Had food at the Burger King in Richland
Went to a pawn shop and military surplus store in Pearl.

they tie wrap the guns at all the shows I unload my gun before i go in