Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Most Violent cities in the US

Most Violent cities in the US

Michigan had 4 of the top 10 most violent cities. Saginaw is 1. Flint is 4. Detroit is 5. Pontiac is 7th. This was released 2 days ago by the FBI. But these cities have been and continue to cut back in public safety.

Banned
    Great find Army, why am I not surprised?

Quote Originally Posted by army74 View Post
    Michigan had 4 of the top 10 most violent cities. Saginaw is 1. Flint is 4. Detroit is 5. Pontiac is 7th. This was released 2 days ago by the FBI. But these cities have been and continue to cut back in public safety.
    Another example of statistics to quote when challanged by an anti-gunner on why we carry.

ponticrack? and i used to work there...why am i not suprised...
    -NRA Member, GSSF Member, GeorgiaCarry Member, Glock Certified Armorer, Glock 30SF, STI Elektra, M&P9c, NAA Black Widow .22 WMR
    -“I do believe that where there is a choice only between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.”—Mahatma Ghandhi

Glad none of them are up here.

Quote Originally Posted by Yooper View Post
    Glad none of them are up here.
    There's life up there?

Quote Originally Posted by office888 View Post
    There's life up there?
    Yes, there's life up there. But the mule they sent with the violent city information hasn't arrived down here yet.

Pontiac

This is why i carry where i live which happens to be Pontiac. Nice info for the council and there why carry a gun here your giving us a bad image that was done long time ago. I had some one come up to me and said i havent seen you on city council tv in a while are you going back down there thank you for sticking up for our rights.

i grew up in saginaw township. saginaw and flint were absolutely devastated by crack cocaine. they have both been pretty bad since.

i would never have guessed they were worse than detroit or pontiac, though.

Could we get a reference/citation?
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Quote Originally Posted by sprinklerguy28 View Post
    Thank you. I am hesitant to put much faith in statistics quoted by anyone without a creditable source. Can we consider the FBI creditable?
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Regular Member quarter horseman's Avatar
    No shock to me, just keep them over there please.

Quote Originally Posted by hud View Post
    Yes, there's life up there. But the mule they sent with the violent city information hasn't arrived down here yet.
    He better hurry!! once deer season rolls around, and all the city slickers come up, he's toast

I've only known two people that have been shot in a violent crime.

One was my friends brother, he was stopped at a light in flint when he was blocked in by two other vehicles, they demanded his money and when he admitted that he had none they put a 32acp to his jawbone and pulled the trigger. The bullet traveled along his jaw and exited the other side, the suspects fled and he sped off to the hospital for treatment and was pulled over on the way there for speeding, fortunately he survived.

The other incident happened to my Mother In-law to be, she was standing outside her saginaw home when her stepson came dashing into the yard running from an opposing gang's members, the gang-bangers did a classic drive by shooting striking her in the leg and wrist. She too survived and has since moved to a quiet neighborhood in the thumb of michigan, her stepson was never even injured but was convicted of non-related charges for which he has served prison time.

I don't see myself spending too much time in these two cities, let alone others known for violence.

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Angry

Even worse: Flint, Pontiac & Detroit are all Anti-OC! I don't know what Saginaw PD thinks about OC, but something tells me they follow the other MI "winners" on the list when it comes to OC.
    http://www.mlive.com/news/saginaw/in...9/post_75.html
    Last edited by Glock9mmOldStyle; 09-18-2010 at 02:58 AM.

yooper, when the mule gets there, pack it up with some deer meat and send it my way!

Quote Originally Posted by TheQ View Post
    Thank you. I am hesitant to put much faith in statistics quoted by anyone without a creditable source. Can we consider the FBI creditable?
    I'm only asking because I want to understand any possible secondary message with your comment, but did you mean "credible" or "creditable"?
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by DrTodd View Post
    I'm only asking because I want to understand any possible secondary message with your comment, but did you mean "credible" or "creditable"?
    You busted me, I meant the latter. I looked them both up in the dictionary, they seem to mean almost the same? Help me out here? I'm interested to learn the difference.

Thumbs up

I lived in Flint in 95'&96'when it was no 1.There were dead people around the neighborhood on a daily basis.It hasn't changed. I checked the FBI for 07' and within the five miles of my home ( Detroit,Warren and Sterling Heights),there were 23,000 violent crimes (murder,robbery,rape and assault).Murders,robberies,abductions goin on around my neighborhood and the mayor told me he FEELS safe when he goes for a walk.I'm glad I don't live by my feelings in this area.I live armed 24/7 on high alert,while most walk around with their heads in a cloud,with the "IT WON'T HAPPEN TO ME" syndrome.I'll just protect em if need be!
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

NRA LIFER,GOA,MOC Inc.,CLSD,MCRGO,UAW! MOLON LABE!!

Founder's Club Member
    I wonder if anybody's ever investigated a correlation between government corruption and street crime.

You know, to see if there is a connection between criminals in government and crime in the street.

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock9mmOldStyle View Post
    Even worse: Flint, Pontiac & Detroit are all Anti-OC!
    http://www.mlive.com/news/saginaw/in...9/post_75.html
    Hmmm, coincidence?

Now that Flint has supposedly come to terms with the law, we need to get more folks OC'ing there and see if Flint doesn't drop right off this list. Of course, we will be accused of fudging the figures and twisting the truth, but alas...

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by JeffSayers View Post
    Hmmm, coincidence?

Now that Flint has supposedly come to terms with the law, we need to get more folks OC'ing there and see if Flint doesn't drop right off this list. Of course, we will be accused of fudging the figures and twisting the truth, but alas...
    +1 & AMEN Brother!

Quote Originally Posted by Glock9mmOldStyle View Post
    +1 & AMEN Brother!
    IF OC becomes more common, I'd think it logical to believe that Flint may be deemed "violent" for at least a little while longer... at least until the "natural consequences" have a chance to "clean the streets", so to speak.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Banned
    I got a few looks in Pontiac while looking for a replacement Festiva.

Anybody know where there is one for sale? Must be a manual transmission though, I believe drivers should drive or stay home.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast