• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Most Violent cities in the US

army74

Michigan had 4 of the top 10 most violent cities. Saginaw is 1. Flint is 4. Detroit is 5. Pontiac is 7th. This was released 2 days ago by the FBI. But these cities have been and continue to cut back in public safety.

budlight

Michigan had 4 of the top 10 most violent cities. Saginaw is 1. Flint is 4. Detroit is 5. Pontiac is 7th. This was released 2 days ago by the FBI. But these cities have been and continue to cut back in public safety.

Another example of statistics to quote when challanged by an anti-gunner on why we carry.

army74

Pontiac

This is why i carry where i live which happens to be Pontiac. Nice info for the council and there why carry a gun here your giving us a bad image that was done long time ago. I had some one come up to me and said i havent seen you on city council tv in a while are you going back down there thank you for sticking up for our rights.

ElectricianLU58

i grew up in saginaw township. saginaw and flint were absolutely devastated by crack cocaine. they have both been pretty bad since.

i would never have guessed they were worse than detroit or pontiac, though.

TheQ

Could we get a reference/citation?

SheepboT

I've only known two people that have been shot in a violent crime.

One was my friends brother, he was stopped at a light in flint when he was blocked in by two other vehicles, they demanded his money and when he admitted that he had none they put a 32acp to his jawbone and pulled the trigger. The bullet traveled along his jaw and exited the other side, the suspects fled and he sped off to the hospital for treatment and was pulled over on the way there for speeding, fortunately he survived.

The other incident happened to my Mother In-law to be, she was standing outside her saginaw home when her stepson came dashing into the yard running from an opposing gang's members, the gang-bangers did a classic drive by shooting striking her in the leg and wrist. She too survived and has since moved to a quiet neighborhood in the thumb of michigan, her stepson was never even injured but was convicted of non-related charges for which he has served prison time.

I don't see myself spending too much time in these two cities, let alone others known for violence.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran

Even worse: Flint, Pontiac & Detroit are all Anti-OC! I don't know what Saginaw PD thinks about OC, but something tells me they follow the other MI "winners" on the list when it comes to OC.
http://www.mlive.com/news/saginaw/index.ssf/2010/09/post_75.html

Last edited:

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
Thank you. I am hesitant to put much faith in statistics quoted by anyone without a creditable source. Can we consider the FBI creditable? ;)

I'm only asking because I want to understand any possible secondary message with your comment, but did you mean "credible" or "creditable"?

TheQ

I'm only asking because I want to understand any possible secondary message with your comment, but did you mean "credible" or "creditable"?

You busted me, I meant the latter. I looked them both up in the dictionary, they seem to mean almost the same? Help me out here? I'm interested to learn the difference.

Haman J.T.

I lived in Flint in 95'&96'when it was no 1.There were dead people around the neighborhood on a daily basis.It hasn't changed. I checked the FBI for 07' and within the five miles of my home ( Detroit,Warren and Sterling Heights),there were 23,000 violent crimes (murder,robbery,rape and assault).Murders,robberies,abductions goin on around my neighborhood and the mayor told me he FEELS safe when he goes for a walk.I'm glad I don't live by my feelings in this area.I live armed 24/7 on high alert,while most walk around with their heads in a cloud,with the "IT WON'T HAPPEN TO ME" syndrome.I'll just protect em if need be!