• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Most Violent cities in the US

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I wonder if anybody's ever investigated a correlation between government corruption and street crime.

You know, to see if there is a connection between criminals in government and crime in the street.

JeffSayers

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, U

stainless1911

Banned
I got a few looks in Pontiac while looking for a replacement Festiva.

Anybody know where there is one for sale? Must be a manual transmission though, I believe drivers should drive or stay home.:p

festiva.jpg

Yooper

I got a few looks in Pontiac while looking for a replacement Festiva.

Anybody know where there is one for sale? Must be a manual transmission though, I believe drivers should drive or stay home.:p

festiva.jpg

I can't stand automatics. I've had to get 5 automatics rebuilt during the past 16 or so years. Never had as much as a clutch go on one of my manuals. The new automatics cost a fortune and a half to get rebuilt / replaced.

Haman J.T.

I wonder if anybody's ever investigated a correlation between government corruption and street crime.

You know, to see if there is a connection between criminals in government and crime in the street.
If you mean government corruption as in denying the citizens the ability to carry a means to defend themselves and spreading anti-gun propaganda in the media for the last 4 decades,Yes!

Haman J.T.

IF OC becomes more common, I'd think it logical to believe that Flint may be deemed "violent" for at least a little while longer... at least until the "natural consequences" have a chance to "clean the streets", so to speak.
Also,if the LE and the courts use mandatory federal gun prosecution for felons(5 years mandatory),without the revolving state door,it will help as it has in all the other cities in the nation that have used it!

7th District

Not really something to brag about. :(

Below are the top ten most violent cities in the U.S., based on violent crimes reported per resident in cities with populations in excess of 50,000:

City/state Population Violent crimes Violent crimes/ 100 residents

Saginaw, Mich. 54,997 1,393 2.53
Camden, N.J. 78,980 1,880 2.38
St. Louis, Mo. 355,208 7,353 2.07
Flint, Mich. 111,657 2,244 2.01
Detroit, Mich. 908,441 17,868 1.97
Wilmington, Del. 72,580 1,342 1.85
Pontiac, Mich. 65,924 1,212 1.84
Irvington, N.J. 55,838 1,016 1.82
Memphis, Tenn. 667,421 12,055 1.81
New Haven, Conn. 123,659 2,183 1.77

If they ranked cities with populations in excess of 10,000 it looks like from the 2009 crime stats that Muskegon Heights could have made the list just behind Detroit.

Muskegon Heights, Mich. 11,578 226 1.95

army74

Violent cities

7th district I dont think anyone was bragging it was put on here for the fact that atleast 2 of these cities are anti-OC or have ordinances that are outdated that need to be changed and there refusing to change them. I dont think anybody would brag about living in one of the top 10 most violent cities in america.

7th District

7th district I dont think anyone was bragging it was put on here for the fact that atleast 2 of these cities are anti-OC or have ordinances that are outdated that need to be changed and there refusing to change them. I dont think anybody would brag about living in one of the top 10 most violent cities in america.

Oh I didn't think anyone here was bragging. I posted this same story on other nationwide websites and used the same statement. I love Michigan but it's sad that its home to 4 of the top 10 most violent cities in the USA. Like I pointed out I'm sure more of our smaller cities would've made the list if they included ones with populations of more then 10,000.