• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sounds like AuburnPD needs educating.

Deleted_User

According to the RCWs I've read ... APD is wrong. So after Vancouver, the next BBQ is in Auburn?

SaintJacque

Yeah, that last line in the report was WAY OFF about it being illegal to bring a gun to a park. Also, I loved the quote from the mom that was something like, "you don't being a GUN to a park where there's kids!" I'll I could think is, that's EXACTLY where I would want a good guy to be armed.

Lovenox

Just shot a letter off to the police cheif asking him to make a retraction to the story. Ill keep you posted on his response.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Anybody want to bet Paul Lancelle is probably a felon and can't buy a real gun? If he isn't a felon, I hope he becomes one soon.

Too bad about the last line of the news report. That was B.S. They probably meant it was illegal to bring a BB gun to a park, which may be the truth, and not against state preemption.

At the end of the article

Prosecutors say he has a previous criminal history.

daddy4count

I work in Auburn, open carry to and from the office every day.

I have never run into an Auburn cop, but would be down for a picnic or other gathering

<edit> It looks like the article was updated this morning... no mention of the legality of carrying in the park. Retracted?!?!?

Last edited:

deanf

I think an Auburn event would be great, but it would be foolish to take a stand/plant the flag/make a point/whatever you want to call it, in connection to this news story. It's not sympathetic to our cause.

There is a very weak nexus between our cause and this story, vis a vis the statement about guns being illegal in parks, and it's not a positive one. Let's not exploit it just to make a point.

It's clear there are idiots on both sides of this story. I don't want our cause connected to any of them.

Lovenox

It's in the video. Almost appears as an afterthought that they just thought had to be said.

I think it would be a bad idea to have a picnic or gathering there as it might be construed to support this idiot's actions in the park. Idiot being Paul Lancelle before anyone goes off half-cocked at me.

Good call Lt. Big D, I don't think at this juncture it would be a good idea.

amlevin

It's in the video. Almost appears as an afterthought that they just thought had to be said.

I think it would be a bad idea to have a picnic or gathering there as it might be construed to support this idiot's actions in the park. Idiot being Paul Lancelle before anyone goes off half-cocked at me.

Your point is a very important one. There are far too many out there who carry firearms or even pseudo firearms like this bonehead and don't use the brain god gave them. Their actions are associated with the rest of us in the public's eye, unfortunately.

Anything that can be done to separate the legitimate actions of lawful gun owners and carriers is essential. Think ahead so we don't become one in the same in the public eye with the fools.

It's too bad we don't have a professional PR firm on the payroll. They could be out there in the media with press releases stating "lawful gun owners abhor the actions of this idiot". That's one area we could sure use some help. The anti's get the press and we are falling behind in the PR department.

Aryk45XD

ha ha...

Yeah, that last line in the report was WAY OFF about it being illegal to bring a gun to a park. Also, I loved the quote from the mom that was something like, "you don't being a GUN to a park where there's kids!" I'll I could think is, that's EXACTLY where I would want a good guy to be armed.

I had a ass mgr tell me that when I had two children with me at McDonalds. Before I could say anything other customers told him it was legal in WA. He let it go because they were ok with it.

Aryk45XD

Open carry at the park probably wouldn't be the best idea. A better one would be to focus on the incorrect reporting and add comments and letters. Reporting like that when a story first comes out is incredibly damaging.
Is it legal to carry a BB gun concealed? I can't help but try to guess he's not a felon, but he's still a criminal. I can also guess he doesn't have a CPL