• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Absolute Insanity!!!

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
Is it any wonder Home Schooling has increased in popularity? This "Zero Tolerance" crap has been out of hand for years and needs to be thrown out. This story should outrage every single person, regardless of their stance on gun issues.

Samuel Burgos has fond memories of his friends at school, but he only gets to see them in pictures now.
The 8-year-old boy hasn't been in school for a year and will likely miss another year if the Broward County School Board has its way.
Burgos was suspended from school in November after a teacher found a toy gun in his backpack. But when the boy went to register to go back to Pembroke Pines Charter School, he was told he will be expelled for this school year, too, as part of the county's zero tolerance weapons policy.

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local-beat/Child-Gets-Expelled-For-Toy-Gun---a-Year-Later.html

We really need to hammer down on the bed wetting neo-fascist leftwing lunatics that control so many of our school systems. Stupidity like this should create mobs wielding pitchforks and torches, yet for some reason people just suck it up, and allow the insane to build more asylums to house the rest of us.:mad:

:banghead:

Deacon Blues

The madness that is "zero tolerance" has become a plague in schools across the country. It's a system that forgoes judgment and rational thought in favor of a one-size-fits-all solution to every problem. It sends a clear message to students: guns are bad, knives are bad, _______ are bad; don't touch them, don't talk about them, don't think about them, or you will be expelled. Remember, our teachers act in loco parentis. Fearmongering and thought-policing are not the makings of good parenting. So why are we paying them to do this?

I've known a fair number of homeschoolers over the years, and they have all made excellent cases for it, but the greatest advocates of homeschooling seem to be the public schools themselves. As they choose to expel rather than to teach, they create an endless pool of parents and children in search of a better way.

Jack House

While I agree that homeschooling is better than public school, homeschooling is simply not an option for a great number of people. I think private school vouchers are a good way to go, honestly.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
While I agree that homeschooling is better than public school, homeschooling is simply not an option for a great number of people. I think private school vouchers are a good way to go, honestly.

Alas this is true. If only families could sustain themselves on a single income, there would be less of a problem. Unfortunately most people seeming to care more about having 2 cars, a bigger house etc, and seem to be clueless about the malignancy that is public indoctrination.

eye95

If, as a matter of policy, we decide that we want the government to ensure an education for all, that does not mean that the government must necessarily conduct that education. Government cannot conduct education without it becoming indoctrination.

Government should fund, not conduct education.

The first step in achieving this ideal is implementing vouchers that allow all families to choose from any public or private school for the provision of education to their children.

Jack House

Unfortunately most people seeming to care more about having 2 cars, a bigger house etc, and seem to be clueless about the malignancy that is public indoctrination.
Correct me if I am wrong, but you are saying that everyone can afford to pay for homeschool/private school but choose not to so that they may live lavish, unnecessary lives?

Uber_Olafsun

Lets not also forget that homeschooling works when your parents can teach. When I started to do higher math they could not help. The weapon policy is a joke. Was it a weapon no. It was a toy plain and simple. What if a kid wore a NRA shirt there?

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
If, as a matter of policy, we decide that we want the government to ensure an education for all, that does not mean that the government must necessarily conduct that education. Government cannot conduct education without it becoming indoctrination.

Government should fund, not conduct education.

The first step in achieving this ideal is implementing vouchers that allow all families to choose from any public or private school for the provision of education to their children.

I'm into the voucher idea, but if the gov't funds education in any way some bureaucrat gets to dictate curriculum at least. The best way IMO to educate the youth is at the most local levels possible. There is so much information at our fingertips right now I wonder how many people could absorb it all. We just don't need federal or state money, guidance, assistance or interference. We've never been blessed with more resources to educate the next generation.

It's amazing to me the stories I've heard from depression era people. The schools they had were not even habitable to people in this age, the resources they had have been eclipsed by all but the most impoverished 3rd world countries today, and the kids brought rifles to school to harvest dinner on the way home.

Correct me if I am wrong, but you are saying that everyone can afford to pay for homeschool/private school but choose not to so that they may live lavish, unnecessary lives?

No, I'm suggesting people sacrifice things that aren't even a luxury (buy cheaper food, cut coupons, pinch pennies) and try to homeschool their kids. I am saying people can afford homeschool/private education, but the thought hasn't crossed their minds. It's not any sort of negligence, it's ignorance. I'm suggesting most people aren't even aware of just what an obamination public education has become. (I say obamination, even though the destruction was done before that idiot left Indonesia.)

It's my opinion that Americans in general live beyond their means, on credit, even when they actually work hard for their money. We all know a lot of people DON'T WORK VERY HARD AT ALL. There's no excuse for people to have such an obtuse relationship between themselves and their childrens education.

That's just my opinion, and most of the time my opinions are less than popular. It's up to you to decide I'm wrong.

Lets not also forget that homeschooling works when your parents can teach. When I started to do higher math they could not help. The weapon policy is a joke. Was it a weapon no. It was a toy plain and simple. What if a kid wore a NRA shirt there?

There are stories about kids wearing clothes with guns sent home, even a kid who had "army men", (little plastic soldiers with guns) for some project, and the school's asinine reaction made headlines. The anti gun insanity needs to be addressed, and fixed.

There are also a lot more home schooling communities, social networks, and resources available. There are teachers who have escaped public education and provide their skills teaching beyond the high school level. Further, even if people expose their younguns to public education, I hope they take the time to reinforce the facts, and dismiss the liberal bullscat.

KansasMustang

I'm absolutely convinced we should abolish the Federal Dept. of Education and give the authority back to the states where it belongs. Look what it's gotten us so far? An education Czar that gives a homo-sexual lad advice like make sure you use condoms, when he has a sexual encounter with an older man. I mean fer cryinoutloud.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
Alas this is true. If only families could sustain themselves on a single income, there would be less of a problem. Unfortunately most people seeming to care more about having 2 cars, a bigger house etc, and seem to be clueless about the malignancy that is public indoctrination.
Pundits that I trust date much of our decline as beginning with the two income family, one income for the family and one for the state.

Government should NOT fund education. The camel's nose may be benign - HAH - but the hump surely is not.

Last edited:

eye95

I'm into the voucher idea, but if the gov't funds education in any way some bureaucrat gets to dictate curriculum at least. The best way IMO to educate the youth is at the most local levels possible. There is so much information at our fingertips right now I wonder how many people could absorb it all. We just don't need federal or state money, guidance, assistance or interference. We've never been blessed with more resources to educate the next generation.

I mentioned in another thread that we need to redevolve power back to the local level. The federal government has zero business in education. However, that is a separate issue from vouchers. They have their finger in the education pie now. They will have their finger in the education pie if we implement vouchers with no other changes.

We must also continue to pursue the abolition of the DOE.

Jack House

No, I'm suggesting people sacrifice things that aren't even a luxury (buy cheaper food, cut coupons, pinch pennies) and try to homeschool their kids. I am saying people can afford homeschool/private education, but the thought hasn't crossed their minds. It's not any sort of negligence, it's ignorance. I'm suggesting most people aren't even aware of just what an obamination public education has become. (I say obamination, even though the destruction was done before that idiot left Indonesia.)

It's my opinion that Americans in general live beyond their means, on credit, even when they actually work hard for their money. We all know a lot of people DON'T WORK VERY HARD AT ALL. There's no excuse for people to have such an obtuse relationship between themselves and their childrens education.

That's just my opinion, and most of the time my opinions are less than popular. It's up to you to decide I'm wrong.
How very arrogant. It's expensive, I was both homeschooled and private schooled(at separate times obviously). It also requires a lot of time on the part of the parents. For the great majority of single parent families out there, homeschooling simply is not an option and private school is too expensive. The idea that a second car is always a luxury is ludicrous. It might be a luxury for some people, but for others it's a necessity.

Last edited:

OldCurlyWolf

The obvious answers to this problem are:

1. Depopulate the current school board and replace them with someone with both cajones and the sense to use them.

2. Eliminate the Federal Department of Education. It is unconstitutional and should have NEVER been formed.

3. Find a way to put that current school board in jail for a while.

We-the-People

I have to side with PrayingForWar on the issue of people CHOSING not to be able to afford to educate their children.

America is a spoiled country, as in it's citizens are spoiled....the jury is still out as to whether our grand experiment has spoiled to the point it's not salvageable. Multiple cares in the driveway, 3 or more times larger a house than necessary, electronic gadgets and gizmos out the wazoo even kids with freakin cell phones, motorcycles to play with, jet ski's to play with, snow mobiles, fishing boats, motorhomes and camp trailers, microwave ovens, dishwashers, satellite or cable television.....the list goes on and on and on.

YES, if the decision was made, a family COULD homeschool their children. But it woudl take....GASP....sacrifices. Like drive the breadwinner to work and pick them up so that you only need one car......grow a garden (while teaching your children all the lessons that entails)......dump the extra cell phones, cable television, 3 color TV's, the weekend toys, etc. It IS doable, just not while living in a 3,000 square foot house with a mortgage that forces both parents to work (with the second making a minimal REAL wage after considering the extra expenses of car, child care, fuel, insurance, and the cost of the damage done to your childrens minds in government indoctrination programs).

As for the single parents that have enough problems....hmmmm maybe we really ought to make it a pain in the ass to be a single parent and more difficult to get a divorce in this country. Now there's a novel idea....promote INTACT families instead of making it easy to become a broken one (and therefore more likely to become dependent upon government assistance).

Guess some of my thoughts aren't real popular either. I know on Tuesday my Economics professor is going to be pissed when he spouts his "SUV's are unsafe" garbage and I hand him an inch thick packet of statistics, analysis, and investigations that supports my position "only to people in little cars".

Of course they don't like me at school anyway....I carry an empty holster and they don't know where the weapon is......and I won't tell them. And they have to put me on the Deans list.....AGAIN.....SMILE

eb31

Homeschooling breeds social derelicts. The kid should have known better than to bring a gun, toy or otherwise, to school. If he wasnt bright enough to know better then his parents should be held accountable for both his lack of decision making skills and lack of good judgement.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
Is it any wonder Home Schooling has increased in popularity? This "Zero Tolerance" crap has been out of hand for years and needs to be thrown out. This story should outrage every single person, regardless of their stance on gun issues.

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local-beat/Child-Gets-Expelled-For-Toy-Gun---a-Year-Later.html

We really need to hammer down on the bed wetting neo-fascist leftwing lunatics that control so many of our school systems. Stupidity like this should create mobs wielding pitchforks and torches, yet for some reason people just suck it up, and allow the insane to build more asylums to house the rest of us.:mad:

I could not agree with you more about this. It is insanity on the outside, and insidious indoctrination on the inside. These people know exactly what they are doing and why. The only way in which we are going to be able to turn this around (excluding home and private schooling) is to show up in VERY large numbers and town council and board meetings and demand this nonsense be ended.

This sort of stuff infuriates me just as it does you and both of my daughters have been out of school for a long time. Absolute nonsense.

We-the-People

"Zero Tolerance" was tried in the military. You made a mistake and you were basically not allowed to re enlist because they wanted only people who didn't make mistakes.

Suddenly the military found that they were losing combat effectiveness.....because the only ones left were the ones that never did anything that wasn't "in the book". This totally removed any incentive to "experiment", "try something new", to innovate, and to either improve things or learn from your mistakes....because one mistake and you were "done".

They got rid of that policy as soon as they found out what it was doing. Schools "zero tolerance" policies are doing the same thing, only to the administrators, teachers, and school boards. Removing judgement and common sense, replacing it with a one size fits all written policy that disallows any judgement or subjective reasoning to come into play. Part of this is the anti-gun mentality prevalent among academics, another, potentially as damaging, cause is the over abundance of lawyers who, try to remove any and all subjective thought from administrators in favor of a black and white policy that shows "everyone is treated the same".

rotorhead

Is it any wonder that any system (in this case the educational system) that has it's purse strings held firmly in the hands of the federal government automatically enacts "zero-tolerance" doctrines related to guns?

The federal government has absolutely no business in the educational system, yet they seem to have been taking it away from states in bits and pieces, along with highly discouraging the home schooling concept. Like any other area of life, they simply create yet another agency and lay claim to the entire industry, insuring that although it may be killing it, at least they can control it.

Daylen

well zero-tolerance to more than just guns, the list is long and includes anything the don't like, but highly related to self defense.

zero-tolerance areas I remember:
knifes,
firearms,
cartridges,
fighting,
self defense,
drugs,
alcohol,