• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Absolute Insanity!!!

We-the-People

I remember one day being attacked by two guys on the school. Dad was a cop and a relative or friend or something of one of the guys got a ticket from my dad....so of course the brainiacs want to take it out on me. They told me in class they were going to kick my ass so that was nice of them to give me a heads up.

I step out of the class and they're across the quad maybe 75 feet. As soon as I come out they start running full bore at me. I drop my book bag and prepare. One, the one in front, thinks he's Bruce Lee and jumps up in the air trying to throw a kick to my chest or head.....I drop to a knee and plant a fist in his most tender parts....ONE DOWN.

# 2 barrels into me and we're wrapped up.....he's pounding the hardest part of my head with his fist while I'm drilling punches to his chest.....for maybe 20 seconds.

Teacher snatches us up and hauls us to the principals office. Of course their story is I attacked them. Of course the ignorant school officials think "two to one, must be the truth". Parents are called, dads on duty so he shows up in uniform.

Couldn't believe the school officials. We were all suspended for fighting, dad says "so you can't defend yourself"? Nope, no fighting. So dad says "well he's got a three day vacation then and I'm sure your little thugs over there will as well".

Yup don't defend yourself, even against aggressors with superior numbers.....zero tolerance you know!

sultan62

At my high school, it was also "zero-tolerance." If you were involved, you were suspended. No discussion.

Alexcabbie

Good old Golden Rule Days

When I was a schoolboy, if a kid was found to have a toy weapon AND it was providing a "distraction", it would be confiscated by the teacher or principal and other punishment might be applied commensurate with the level of disruption caused.

Hell, we played "cops and robbers" at recess. Horrors!

The cops were never bothered for anything that didn't rise to the level of a felony, in most cases. Today? The cops get called if some boy looks down some girl's blouse on the way back from the chalkboard. Geez....

Once I was in a fight - it was sellf-defense - and a teacher got his noggin in the way of a shot headed for the other boy. Knocked him out cold. This was in High School, and we both recieved the paddle and a suspension. That night, we sneaked out of our houses and drank beer and smoked pot in the park and eluded the police when they came to check the park and discovered us. We were best of friends for the duration after that.

This was back when the Feds had the Department of Health, Education, and Welfare. Now Education is its own Department. It should be called "re-education". "Welfare" meanwhile was thought to be too demeaning, so the remainder of the department was dubbed "Health and Human Services".

Now, the jokers on Capitol Hill don't get it, but the rest of us do (at least most of the rest of us); and there is a velvet revolution coming in November. The statists know that the People are demanding a return to the principles of the Constitution, so they demean the Constitution (saying that we want to re-legalize slavery or that the Louisiana Purchase was unconstitutional as if that negates the document) UNLESS the Constitution serves their needs, in which case they cut and paste the parts they like and profess reverence for them (so long as they can be usefully and selectively applied).

There's only one thing wrong with this strategy: It doesn't work anymore. You can see it in the increasing shrillness on the Left. And the campaign against the Musket is ever present. Little clever tricks like banning ALL lead bullets have been proposed, and they still spread their little phony stats hoping to get some traction.

I'm sorry if you're a Democrat, but your Party has been subsumed by seditionists who controll all the committees in Congress. In this upcoming election it is ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL that the Republicans win control of at least one House of Congress - and preferably both. A little vacation from absolute control might give the rank-and-file of the Democrats time and a compeling reason to re-take their party from the treasonous Alinskyites who so noxiously infest it now.

Jack House

The cops were never bothered for anything that didn't rise to the level of a felony, in most cases. Today? The cops get called if some boy looks down some girl's blouse on the way back from the chalkboard. Geez....
Not much has changed. I mean cops still only get called out for felonies, only difference is everything is a felony. ;)