Thread: OT Question

OT Question

Microsoft announced their new IE9 yesterday and one of the so called features was "Chrome speed".

I am using Google Chrome for my browser and like it's ease and quickness. Anyone else here using it?

Just curious.

I use firefox with the noscript addon. I've used chrome as well, its a good browser. Never use IE for anything.

look forward to when google launches their full pc os.

Quote Originally Posted by nofoa View Post
    I use firefox with the noscript addon. I've used chrome as well, its a good browser. Never use IE for anything.

I have become accustom to using FireFox but I did not know about the noscript addon, thanks a really nice addon.
    • Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.

Quote Originally Posted by nofoa View Post

Thanks for the response.

On Google's full PC OS, do you think Bill Gates shares your anticipation?
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

I've used Firefox since its inception

I have Chrome, like it... but not enough to ditch FF on most of my machines. Work (WinXP), primary PC (Kubuntu Linux) both have and use FF. My phone (Cliq - Android) uses Opera Mini because there is no chrome or FF for it.

I have a laptop (Slackware Linux) that runs Opera, one (Win 7) that runs Chrome/sometimes FF

Chrome is slick, I like it.

I think you'll see a glowing similarity between the browser and the OS when the Google boys get around to releasing it.

Firefox issues?

I use Firefox on the desktop, and it's starting to act up. Seems to stutter at times, takes forever to start up, and gives me "non-responsive script" errors. Half the time it doesn't reload my open tabs either.

The netbook has Chrome. Great for a slower computer, and less junk taking up already limited screen real estate.
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalhead47 View Post
    I use Firefox on the desktop, and it's starting to act up. Seems to stutter at times, takes forever to start up, and gives me "non-responsive script" errors. Half the time it doesn't reload my open tabs either.

The netbook has Chrome. Great for a slower computer, and less junk taking up already limited screen real estate.
    Exactly why I switched to Chrome...while open carrying in my home office I might add.

Quote Originally Posted by skiingislife725 View Post
    Exactly why I switched to Chrome...while open carrying in my home office I might add.
    Hmm so it isn't just me then eh? I've been using Chrome more & more on the desktop too, I just hate the idea of moving all my bookmarks & passwords over Maybe FF is anti-oc or something.

I have six browsers on my laptops (I design/manage sites), including Chrome. My defailt, though, is Firefox.

I do not have any versions of IE on any of my machines. In fact my machines are a "Microsoft Free Zone" ...

(MS used to be a client of mine, and it's a long story, but I do not use anything from them if at all possible.)
    No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: The officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets. -- Edward Abbey

• • • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Faciémus!• • •

Hmm so it isn't just me then eh? I've been using Chrome more & more on the desktop too, I just hate the idea of moving all my bookmarks & passwords over Maybe FF is anti-oc or something.
    check out "XMarks"...it'll sync your bookmarks...passwords too if you want

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    I had problems with FF too, it crashed my older computer.

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    I had problems with FF too, it crashed my older computer.
    ?!?

How would a browser do that?

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    ?!?

How would a browser do that?
    I uninstalled it and it worked I reinstalled it and my comp crashed, lost lots of gun info I was saving and foolishly not backing up.