• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OT Question

amlevin

Microsoft announced their new IE9 yesterday and one of the so called features was "Chrome speed".

I am using Google Chrome for my browser and like it's ease and quickness. Anyone else here using it?

Just curious.

nofoa

I use firefox with the noscript addon. I've used chrome as well, its a good browser. Never use IE for anything.

look forward to when google launches their full pc os.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
I use firefox with the noscript addon. I've used chrome as well, its a good browser. Never use IE for anything.

look forward to when google launches their full pc os.

I have become accustom to using FireFox but I did not know about the noscript addon, thanks a really nice addon.

daddy4count

I've used Firefox since its inception

I have Chrome, like it... but not enough to ditch FF on most of my machines. Work (WinXP), primary PC (Kubuntu Linux) both have and use FF. My phone (Cliq - Android) uses Opera Mini because there is no chrome or FF for it.

I have a laptop (Slackware Linux) that runs Opera, one (Win 7) that runs Chrome/sometimes FF

Chrome is slick, I like it.

I think you'll see a glowing similarity between the browser and the OS when the Google boys get around to releasing it. ;)

Metalhead47

Firefox issues?

I use Firefox on the desktop, and it's starting to act up. Seems to stutter at times, takes forever to start up, and gives me "non-responsive script" errors. Half the time it doesn't reload my open tabs either.

The netbook has Chrome. Great for a slower computer, and less junk taking up already limited screen real estate.

skiingislife725

I use Firefox on the desktop, and it's starting to act up. Seems to stutter at times, takes forever to start up, and gives me "non-responsive script" errors. Half the time it doesn't reload my open tabs either.

The netbook has Chrome. Great for a slower computer, and less junk taking up already limited screen real estate.

Exactly why I switched to Chrome...while open carrying in my home office I might add.

Tomas

I have six browsers on my laptops (I design/manage sites), including Chrome. My defailt, though, is Firefox.

I do not have any versions of IE on any of my machines. In fact my machines are a "Microsoft Free Zone" ...

(MS used to be a client of mine, and it's a long story, but I do not use anything from them if at all possible.)