• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hooray for Hopewell?

InkdNPrcdAngl

Does anyone know the rules and regulations for Hooray for Hopewell?
I was thinking about going and have been searching, but am not able to find ANYTHIGN on weather or not firearms are permited.
Hopefully someone here has answers.

wylde007

It appears that it is held "open-air" style on and about the streets and public thoroughfares of Hopewell's Historic Downtown District.

Unless I am mistaken, you should be able to carry as you please.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
The reason you can't find anything seems to be because state preemption http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+15.2-915 .

As mentioned above, the festival takes place on the city's streets.
In addition to the shopping experience, there will be continuous live entertainment on the Main Stage with Casper, Fat Chance and much more.

Also appearing for the entire weekend will be Jonathan the Juggler and Cotton Candy Clown with her unique face painting.

Zoo to You petting zoo from Leesburg, will be there on Sunday only from 1 to 4 p.m. and the Hopewell Jaycees will be proving children's rides and activities through both days.

Admission to the Festival is free.
http://progress-index.com/news/hooray-for-hopewell-planned-1.998340

It sounds like a great after-party event following Saturday morning breakfast.

stay safe.

InkdNPrcdAngl

I had almost figured as much, but I really wanted to make sure. Hooray for Hopewell is always a ton of fun so I know I'll definately be heading over there:)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Having lost the transmission on my truck this AM, rode with Skid to the Hopewell Festival - most enjoyable afternoon. It was like stepping make in time some 30 years, friendly people and great conversation.

Local LE were aggressively keeping dogs (even on leashes) out of the festival area, but guns were a total none issue. Interacted with several regular patrol officers and there explorer scout side-kicks with nothing but friendly banter.

One shop keeper even came out and asked for a GSL sticker which he placed on his glass door directly below the alarm sticker.

Discovered a new Asian restaurant with ridiculously low prices and perfectly season beef sticks - Ummmm - I'll be back as soon as transmission malfunction is rectified.

Oh, and they have free on street parking!!!