• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

local supporters

1 2 many

Wow just spoke to are local gun store here in applevalley about open carry to see if they support it. They said no its a bad idea. What's the point of carrying an unloaded gun I should just ccw. He said you just let the bad guys know that you have a unloaded gun. But I told him you do have ammo at the hip ready. He said I could take the gun from behind you then what? I told him there are many possibilities but its are right to defend ourselves .

Gundude

Many gun store owners have taken "uninformed" to an art form.
The one near me told me that UOC was illegal and I would be arrested. He knew this because he was a lawyer.
He also told me that Spring Valley, Ca didn't allow carrying firearms. I educated him on both issues.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
He said you just let the bad guys know that you have a unloaded gun...He said I could take the gun from behind you then what?

I'd invite him to do some roleplay. If he is so sure that bad guys would assume that the firearm is unloaded, then he should have no trouble disarming me- but if he is wrong about me carrying an unloaded weapon, is he willing to put his life on the line on the chance that I am in an area where discharge is not prohibited or obeyed the law?

As for the grabbing someone's gun from behind- Security is always best prepared in layers- the first is to have a retention holster for your firearm. The second is to have a reasonable redundancy such as a knife or defensive spray. Anyone getting close enough to touch you should already raise your caution level, but someone touching you or your weapon is now a credible threat to your safety. I don't allow people that close, unless I can see their hands or know them personally. Anyone with ill intentions is probably going to get cut for their trouble.

heliopolissolutions

I usually let them verify its unloaded and then invite them to try.

Only one taker. And he didn't end up taking much more than the offer and some compliance.

Last edited:

1 2 many

no support

The one near me told me that UOC was illegal and I would be arrested. He knew this because he was a lawyer.
He also told me that Spring Valley, Ca didn't allow carrying firearms. I educated him on both issues.

It just sucks that your local gun shop won't stand by you on your right to carry. It would be a good place to spread knowledge on open carry. 7st pawn in victorville suport open carry I was in yesterday and spoke to them about it

Chrisc411

which store was this?

leoffensive

I'd invite him to do some roleplay. If he is so sure that bad guys would assume that the firearm is unloaded, then he should have no trouble disarming me- but if he is wrong about me carrying an unloaded weapon, is he willing to put his life on the line on the chance that I am in an area where discharge is not prohibited or obeyed the law?

As for the grabbing someone's gun from behind- Security is always best prepared in layers- the first is to have a retention holster for your firearm. The second is to have a reasonable redundancy such as a knife or defensive spray. Anyone getting close enough to touch you should already raise your caution level, but someone touching you or your weapon is now a credible threat to your safety. I don't allow people that close, unless I can see their hands or know them personally. Anyone with ill intentions is probably going to get cut for their trouble.

i agree big time on this. i always carry a knife. and also the same thing can happen even if you are CCW. anyone can come up from behind and begin to mug you and come across your firearm(they do have the element of surprise) and not only will they have your gun but it will also be loaded. there are so many variables to go into this argument its stupid. but yea you can never predict what can happen. there are some crazy people out there.

Robin47

It just sucks that your local gun shop won't stand by you on your right to carry. It would be a good place to spread knowledge on open carry. 7st pawn in victorville suport open carry I was in yesterday and spoke to them about it

I had the same trouble here, the owner didn't like the Idea of Open Carry.
But I left Flyers, and showed him UOC is legal in Kalifornia.
It might have been better to give the flyers to shooters going into the store.

Robin47

1 2 many

guns

I had the same trouble here, the owner didn't like the Idea of Open Carry.
But I left Flyers, and showed him UOC is legal in Kalifornia.
It might have been better to give the flyers to shooters going into the store.

Robin47
. How can a store sell guns and not participate on the right to carry I know we all have rights but that should go hand and hand. Support the right. To kept and bear.

EXTREMEOPS1

Campaign Veteran
The art of "awareness of you surroundings"

Always be aware of your surroundings if someone could take your gun from behind you are not being aware and should probably keep your gun at home and not be carrying. Totally agree with using retention holsters and practice drawing your weapon as a fraction second delay could make you a victim !!!

g21owner

Wow just spoke to are local gun store here in applevalley about open carry to see if they support it. They said no its a bad idea. What's the point of carrying an unloaded gun I should just ccw. He said you just let the bad guys know that you have a unloaded gun. But I told him you do have ammo at the hip ready. He said I could take the gun from behind you then what? I told him there are many possibilities but its are right to defend ourselves .

What store was this? VV Shooters?