• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greater Richmond OC Breakfast 9/18 9:30 @ Cracker Barrel on RT 10 Chester

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Grapeshot must be occupied recovering from the late-night trip back from Annandale and the VCDL meeting last night. You know how he is when he misses his beauty sleep. He also forgets to post the location of Saturday breakfast. Either that or he thought that mentioning it at the OC dinner on Tuesday was sufficient.

Anyhow, breakfast tomorrow (Saturday 9/18) is 9:30 AM at the Cracker Barrel on Rt. 10 in Chester. 12401 Redwater Creek Road Chester, VA 23831-2343 I-95 & SR 10 Exit #61 off I-95 (804) 748-4032

Map at http://hosted.where2getit.com/crack...ator_search&addressline=23234&searchradius=50

The "Hooray for Hopewell" Festival runs this weekend. It may be a fun after-party activity, especially as one of our new(er) members of the breakfast club has raised the question of whether or not one may OC at a city street festival. http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?80814-Hooray-for-Hopewell Look for a certain pink Taurus at the festival.

In addition to the shopping experience, there will be continuous live entertainment on the Main Stage with Casper, Fat Chance and much more.

Also appearing for the entire weekend will be Jonathan the Juggler and Cotton Candy Clown with her unique face painting.

Zoo to You petting zoo from Leesburg, will be there on Sunday only from 1 to 4 p.m. and the Hopewell Jaycees will be proving children's rides and activities through both days.

Admission to the Festival is free. http://progress-index.com/news/hoora...anned-1.998340

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
By tomorrow morning I will rejoin the living......I hope, and be ready to eat solid food. :p

Hopewell festival sounds like an entertaining idea - if I 'member correctly the ex-Chesterfield Sgt. from Food Lion event is employed by Hopewell now.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Sorry guys!

This happened last week:
[video=vimeo;14906502]http://vimeo.com/14906502[/video]

I had to have the part shipped from Texas and I just got it.

In addition to repairing that, I have several truck and trailer loads of straw to move and stack. I also have two new power inverters to install and the crapper needs a new line run:uhoh:....I'm way behind.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Hey now! I NEVER said that the pink Taurus wouldn't make an appearance at breakfast:lol:
Actually, I'm not 100% sure yet. I may just come sit for the company if nothing else:shocker:

Be careful - you will be known by the company you keep. :p

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
We had a no-show. We had automotive drama. We had breakfast, but not where we said we would.

We then went to "Hooray for Hopewell" and discovered two important facts: 1) the Hopewell City Police were cracking down hard - on folks who brought their dogs past the "No Dogs Allowed" signs; and 2) Hopewell City Police bicycle cops do not carry Hi-Points, even if their guns do look that ugly. We must have seen at least 5 sets of cops, accompanied by either a Police Explorer or some sort of Cadet. All of them either ignored us or displayed no real interest in our hardware, but were glad to engage in general conversation. (We initiated the contacts to guage their reaction/response. As there was none - not even 'Nice gun, what is it?' I guess we "failed". If that's the case, we ought to set that as the standard for all our outings.

While not as many "GUNS SAVE LIVES" stickers were passed out as we had hoped, there was a great moment in sticker-passing-out history.

HoorayforHopewell2.jpg

HoorayForHopewell1.jpg

HoorayforHopewell3.jpg

Mr. Poe, the owner of the store, asked for a sticker before we could ask if he would like one. He said he wanted to put it right on the door to his shop. There it is, right under his security system decal.

The whole event had a sort of 1950's flavor to it. Real down-home, laid-back, and with the minor exception of the environmental sermon that went with the dance school's Chesapeake Bay production (otherwise quite good, and some great dancers!) it was just plain folks having a good time. Almost everybody we saw had their pants pulled up around their waist.

There's a little Asian shop next door to the antique store that has some great food at almost give-away prices. Go there and get some before they put themselves out of business.

stay safe.

InkdNPrcdAngl

Work called me in, which explains my absence this morning:mad:

On a fun note, ya'll WERE noticed! My mother-in-law called me and says "Two guys passed me and they had guns!" I asked her is one looked kinda like Santa (no offence, Skidmark:D) and she responded that yes, one did. I was like "Noooo! I, missed them!"
So yeah, you were noticed, I promise.

I went tonight, for almost 2 hours, to enjoy the band and the classic funnel cake. Noone mentioned the lil pink Taurus, and we even had a gaggle of LEOs in front of us at one point, trying to keep track of the crowd.
On a side note: keeping track of firearm while using a port-a-pot in the dark...not the EASIEST thing in the world:)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

On a fun note, ya'll WERE noticed! My mother-in-law called me and says "Two guys passed me and they had guns!" I asked her is one looked kinda like Santa (no offence, Skidmark:D) and she responded that yes, one did. I was like "Noooo! I, missed them!"

I went tonight, for almost 2 hours, to enjoy the band and the classic funnel cake. Noone mentioned the lil pink Taurus, and we even had a gaggle of LEOs in front of us at one point, trying to keep track of the crowd.
On a side note: keeping track of firearm while using a port-a-pot in the dark...not the EASIEST thing in the world:)

Sorry we missed you.

One of these would have made your life a little brighter. :)

Streamlight 73003 Nano Light Miniature Keychain LED Flashlight, Pink by Streamlight

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

Little LED flashlites. They are almost as important as Swiss Army Knives.

There are a small number of places that one should not venture near in the dark. Vampire castles are another.

stay safe.

InkdNPrcdAngl

Little LED flashlites. They are almost as important as Swiss Army Knives.

There are a small number of places that one should not venture near in the dark. Vampire castles are another.

stay safe.

I have a small one, but I didn't have it on me...must remember to carry it around with me from now on. And yes, those danged Vamipre castles!