• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Three Washington State Troopers and an openly armed civilian.

Lovenox

This is the perfect example of proactive, positive ambassadorship and how it can have a lasting symbyotic effect. Thumbs up!

sudden valley gunner

Now that would be funny, initiate a conversation and tell them that you wont talk to them without a lawyer....

You should have said hello, then told them you wouldn't be talking to them without your lawyer present. You know, for practice.

;-)

Hahaha, I would make sure I run a recorder for sure before tempting that type of practice with any LEO.

Lammo

I have almost always received my best cases from WSP and they have also usually made the best witnesses. I guess it doesn't hurt that the boss was on the road with them for 11 years! :) Nice to hear it carries over to the north wet side as well. Thanks SVG!

amlevin

Great post. I've only heard good things about WSP. Local LEO's are something different altogether.

To be fair, not ALL local LEO's are "different". Some are just as professional, polite, and knowledgeable as WSP Troopers. Unfortunately it's the few that give the image to the rest.

OH WAIT! That can apply to us too. Something to remember as we go about our daily interactions with the public.

Last edited:

Lovenox

It helped that he was speaking with officers (troopers) that were also polite, professional, and knowledgeable.

True. However, even if they aren't knowledgeable in the law or if they have flunked charm school it is better to counter with courtesy than contempt and professionalism instead of pomposity. At a minimum it will help your case at best it might foster a conversion.