• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

North Sound OC Report....

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
A posting for all those that OC/CC North of the city of Seattle to Everett....nothing more nothing less....trying to make OC as normal and pleasant as anything else that is legal!

9/18/2010

Monroe WAC show.

Hitchin Post in downtown Monroe. Great burgers, the owners were our wait staff and lots of pleasant smiling customers.

amzbrady

9/18/2010

From the parking lot up to the Monroe WAC show, then back to my car to disarm myself.
Burger King in the newer part of town Monroe. Crappy greasy burgers, our wait staff stayed behind the counter with a blank stare of incoherance, and lots of fat customers, also with blank incoherant stares, in a hurry (including myself).

Oh Also The laundy company to do our laundry.

I did not have any bad experiences so mine was a good day.
Thought I'd Highjack part of GoGo's post to compare day's, Looks like his was better. LOL.

Metalhead47

9/18/2010

From the parking lot up to the Monroe WAC show, then back to my car to disarm myself.
Burger King in the newer part of town Monroe. Crappy greasy burgers, our wait staff stayed behind the counter with a blank stare of incoherance, and lots of fat customers, also with blank incoherant stares, in a hurry (including myself).

Oh Also The laundy company to do our laundry.

I did not have any bad experiences so mine was a good day.
Thought I'd Highjack part of GoGo's post to compare day's, Looks like his was better. LOL.

Wow you actually got a blank incoherent stare out of them? That location must be trying for store of the month or something :banana:

Leatherneck

Brought a gun to a fist fight last night!

Went and watched my buddy fight MMA in the north end last night. I was CC because it's private property and I didn't want to give them the chance to turn me around.

btw- The guy he fought tapped out to strikes! He broke the guys jaw right down the middle!

amlevin

Wow you actually got a blank incoherent stare out of them? That location must be trying for store of the month or something :banana:

What I love about McDonald's is how they can't listen. I go through the drive-thru, order quote "a Double Cheeseburger, Small Fries, and that will be all, nothing else." Even though I am specific with the statement "that will be all, nothing else", the "nimrod" on the other end of the speaker will ask "would you like a drink with that?". I've taken to reply "did you hear my order?" I love it when they say "oh yeah, just a dbl cheeseburger and small fries, sorry 'bout that".

It's real scary when you get to the window and find out it wasn't just a high-schooler that took your order but one of their "management".

Tomas

Actually, at many places, the interaction is "programmed" and no matter what you say there are automated responses such as "Would you like ______ with that?"

If the poor souls taking your order don't ask (and try to upsell you) they get demerits, and enough of those and they begin looking for a new job.

So, in many places they will ask no matter what you say - it is required of them. :(

amlevin

Actually, at many places, the interaction is "programmed" and no matter what you say there are automated responses such as "Would you like ______ with that?"

If the poor souls taking your order don't ask (and try to upsell you) they get demerits, and enough of those and they begin looking for a new job.

So, in many places they will ask no matter what you say - it is required of them. :(

Understood how they are programed. Sure makes them sound stupid though. Probably won't be long before they are replaced with a "touch screen" that the customer uses to select his order and then just swipes his credit/debit card through to pay. Your order will then slide down a chute in a bag or box.

When I lived in Colorado we had an Arby's nearby that had a system like this. The counter-person just stood there to collect money from those who were "old school". They also handed you your order.

Lovenox

What I love about McDonald's is how they can't listen. I go through the drive-thru, order quote "a Double Cheeseburger, Small Fries, and that will be all, nothing else." Even though I am specific with the statement "that will be all, nothing else", the "nimrod" on the other end of the speaker will ask "would you like a drink with that?". I've taken to reply "did you hear my order?" I love it when they say "oh yeah, just a dbl cheeseburger and small fries, sorry 'bout that".

It's real scary when you get to the window and find out it wasn't just a high-schooler that took your order but one of their "management".

In retail you are expected to sell "add ons". For instance, you bring up a flashlight to the counter and the cashier should ask if you want batteries with the flashlight. It just makes sense. Besides I suppose it is a bit unusual for someone to order food without a drink. And they probably get people that come up to the pay counter in the drive thru and say, "Oh I forgot can I add an apple pie with my order?"
Maybe she just asked out of courtesy. Maybe she was driving revenue. Who knows.

Metalhead47

Understood how they are programed. Sure makes them sound stupid though. Probably won't be long before they are replaced with a "touch screen" that the customer uses to select his order and then just swipes his credit/debit card through to pay. Your order will then slide down a chute in a bag or box.

When I lived in Colorado we had an Arby's nearby that had a system like this. The counter-person just stood there to collect money from those who were "old school". They also handed you your order.

I've seen a system like this at Jack in the Box too, 128th/Airport in Everett. Little kiosk next to the counter. Personally I like it, at least the kiosk speaks English :banghead:

In retail you are expected to sell "add ons". For instance, you bring up a flashlight to the counter and the cashier should ask if you want batteries with the flashlight. It just makes sense. Besides I suppose it is a bit unusual for someone to order food without a drink. And they probably get people that come up to the pay counter in the drive thru and say, "Oh I forgot can I add an apple pie with my order?"
Maybe she just asked out of courtesy. Maybe she was driving revenue. Who knows.

More than likely such requests are actually codified in the arcane law of crappy first jobs, to ensure that such are always as unpleasant as possible to the new worker. In ages past, this practice encouraged the worker to move up the ladder towards better work and better pay, so that never again would they be subject to such iniquity. Then the spectre of liberalism was loosed upon the land, so that now employees are made to believe such conditions are the best they can ever achieve, and so they sit around on welfare instead.

Lovenox

Then the spectre of liberalism was loosed upon the land, so that now employees are made to believe such conditions are the best they can ever achieve, and so they sit around on welfare instead.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

amzbrady

UPS store in Monroe
The little store in Startup
Dougs RV in Startup
Zekes just outside of GoldBar
Goodwill in Monroe
Alfy's Pizza in Monroe
76 station in Monroe

No negatives...

Oh, drove by the old Rieter road pit, there are "No Shooting" signs up.

Last edited:

amzbrady

9-24
Monroe:
Lowes, 3 freakin times. Been trying to match crap up for the shower drain in my RV.

9-25
Snobhomish:
Home Depot, (Lowes is too stupid)
O'Rielys auto parts
Bartell Drugs
Safeway - to pick up some steaks so I could BBQ, since I couldnt make it to the Vancouver BBQ.
and Pet Pro's.

Monroe - Evergreen fair grounds for the RV show, just to see what we should be dreaming of in the future.

ak56

Campaign Veteran
9-24

Monroe - Evergreen fair grounds for the RV show, just to see what we should be dreaming of in the future.

There's an RV show going on at the Evergreen fairgrounds? I can't find any information on it anywhere - is it still on tomorrow?:question:

My wife and I spent the whole day driving from RV dealer to RV dealer (see south sound OC report) and we could have driven only 19 miles and seen them all in one place?:banghead:

Aaaaaaaaagh!

amzbrady

Dont know if it was advertised, We passed it fri and figured while we were out, we'de check it out, today. Free parking, free entrada. Western Motorcoach, overpriced junk. Lots of older rigs with closet doors off, no tv's, radios missing, stained carpets. The really nice units were locked so I guess only serious buyer need ask. My wife and I looked for 2 years and found it cheaper to buy off a lot on Ebay out of Mesa, AZ. Saved almost $15000, for same higher mileage, more broken stuff motorhomes here. We bought from Arizona RV supercenter, http://arizonarvsupercenter.com they helped us get our financing, lower rate than anything here. http://motors.shop.ebay.com/azrvsupercenter/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=

there are tons of dealers right out of Pheonix, Alot of competition and low prices. We have been very happy with ours.

amlevin

there are tons of dealers right out of Pheonix, Alot of competition and low prices. We have been very happy with ours.

Also some good "estate deals" in AZ. An older couple may buy a real nice Coach and then the "Old Man" passes away. It's too much for the widow so it "goes on the block". Happened to a guy who used to work for me. His wife sold of their coach for 60 cents on the dollar, just to settle the estate. It was 3 years old and less than 15k miles.

ak56

Campaign Veteran
Also some good "estate deals" in AZ. An older couple may buy a real nice Coach and then the "Old Man" passes away. It's too much for the widow so it "goes on the block". Happened to a guy who used to work for me. His wife sold of their coach for 60 cents on the dollar, just to settle the estate. It was 3 years old and less than 15k miles.

Thanks for the info & links amz & aml. Were looking for a trailer, not motorcoach. We hit the dealers yesterday to get a feel for what new & slightly used were going for, now it's time to find one of those good deals.

amlevin

Thanks for the info & links amz & aml. Were looking for a trailer, not motorcoach. We hit the dealers yesterday to get a feel for what new & slightly used were going for, now it's time to find one of those good deals.

I've seen a lot of travel trailers parked on the street with for sale signs lately. The economy is causing a lot of people to shed themselves of the 'extras'. Most looked in good condition and I might be inclined to look for a deal with a private party if I could first rather than a dealer trade with all the markup.

There are a lot of good solid travel trailers out there that are "one owner" and have been well maintained. I'm going on 16 years with my 30' foot'er and all I have had to do is replace tires.

ak56

Campaign Veteran
I've seen a lot of travel trailers parked on the street with for sale signs lately. The economy is causing a lot of people to shed themselves of the 'extras'. Most looked in good condition and I might be inclined to look for a deal with a private party if I could first rather than a dealer trade with all the markup.

There are a lot of good solid travel trailers out there that are "one owner" and have been well maintained. I'm going on 16 years with my 30' foot'er and all I have had to do is replace tires.

Yeah, we're likely to go for a private party deal, not a dealer. Looking through craigslist right now. The trip yesterday was primarily to get a point of reference. And to get out on a nice sunny day.:) We're not in a big hurry, so we can look for that deal.

Trigger Dr

3 years ago, I bought a 1982, 18' Caveman Gooseneck, fully self contained, no water or other damage and completely functional for $500 and tax- license. I got this at Poulsbo RV. They take in "older" units and sell them off lot for reduced prices rather than hold them in inventory. I would think other dealers do the same, you just need to look around a bit.