• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Madison PD detains and cites OCers tonight.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
[QUOTE=paul@paul-fisher.com;1357664]I just can't believe how PISSED I am! I have never, ever had a LEO interaction before while OC'ing.[/QUOTE]

Calmness is good. Repeat after me, "Sun is warm, Grass is green...."

Once you have the audio files on computer, please send them directly to me so I can forward them to the WCI legal team.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
That could be exactly right. They were lawfully assembled, etc.

Hold on.... wrong ordinance--- too many Madisons-- will put up the correct one momentarily.

Here's the correct ordinance:

5.06 ASSISTANCE IN MAKING ARREST - LIABILITY FOR RESISTING OR OBSTRUCTING AN
OFFICER.
(1) Whoever, without reasonable excuse, refuses or fails upon command, to aid any person known to
him to be a peace officer may be fined not more than one hundred dollars ($100). This section
does not apply if under the circumstances the officer was not authorized to command such
assistance.
(2) Whoever knowingly resists or obstructs an officer while such officer is doing any act in his
official capacity and with lawful authority, may be fined not more than five hundred dollars
($500). In this section:
(a) “Officer” means a peace officer or other public officer or public employee having the
authority by virtue of his office or employment to take another into custody.
(b) “Obstructs” includes without limitation knowingly giving false information to the officer
or knowingly placing physical evidence with intent to mislead the officer in the
performance of his or her duty including the service of any summons or civil process.
(Am. by Ord. 9977, 3-14-90)
(3) Whoever hinders, delays or prevents an officer from properly serving or executing any summons
or civil process, is civilly liable to the person injured for any actual loss caused thereby and to the
officer or his superior for any damages adjudged against either of them by reason thereof.

Last edited:

Fallschirjmäger

Sec. 13-3. (2) (g) Resists or obstructs the performance of duties by City Police or any other authorized
official of the City, when known to be such an official;

(Code 1953, 7.0701-7.0705; Ord. No. 792, 9-2-75; Ord. No. 927, 1, 2, 12-29-80; Ord. No. 986, 8-
13-84; Ord. No. 1137 07-20-92; Ord. No. 1421, 2-5-07)

"Your Honor, I did nothing to obstruct the officers; as a matter of fact, I was more than happy to stand quietly to the side while they conducted their investigation." Non-cooperation is not the same as obstruction. A road that doesn't curve the way you want it to is not the same as a road with a 'road closed' sign.

Last edited:

Mlutz

COMMENTS REMOVED BY MODERATOR: Attacking our own is VERY counter-productive.

I would like to know how you obtained this information... Because outside of "the five" that were present, Nik, BNH, and Shotgun, NO ONE knows... So... ?

paul@paul-fisher.com

COMMENTS REMOVED BY MODERATOR: Attacking our own is VERY counter-productive

Since I told Nik I wasn't gonna post more 'till he gave the OK I won't go into details other than to say, yep, I caved.

You are right, it is real easy to talk big. I'd like you to show me the post where I said 'I will never show my ID'. I said it wasn't necessary to do. I've also posted that I didn't know how I'd react. This is my 1st LEO interaction. They violated my rights. They had no RAS. They violated 2 of our parties rights further because they definitely didn't have PC. Next time we shall see.

I didn't give up my ID until AFTER one of the group was in handcuffs and in the back of a squad car.

Fuller Malarkey

Fella's let's save this for face to face the guy's already know my position. To do this on an open forum is un-productive.

No No No No.....keep it going! This is better than a unseen episode of "My name is Earl".

"Unproductive" would be covering up someone caving and undermining the efforts of those who took the risk to clear the way for the rest of us, regardless of state boundaries.