• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Madison PD detains and cites OCers tonight.

The Don

Oh Jeeze...

Here I'm trying to be nice and all.

Honestly, I got that. I'm just saying that from my perspective, since we know the media and the police are all over the site, claiming (even in jest) that you were trying to get arrested makes everyone look bad.

I'm not trying to attack you, I'd have had the same response to anyone making a post like that. Brass Magnet (I think it was) just saw it before I did, is all.

IcrewUH60

Call 911 when you see armed subjects?

FROM http://www.cityofmadison.com/news/view.cfm?news_id=2231## Cheif Wray states: "It is the department's wish that concerned citizens call 911 when they see armed subjects."

REALLY? is this how he wants our police dept. to spend tax $$? In an economy like this? Chasing down law-abiding citizens just because of the rampant ignorance of the city's citizens? What is his definition of "subjects"? I would think that even if your not pro "open carry", one should be at least concerned about this blatant waste of resources, time and $$.

Police chiefs are appointed, not elected correct? I like the idea of getting a press pass and asking some tough questions.

protias

Fair enough, it was worth asking.

CCDL is claiming well over 800 members now. Would be interesting to know how many a bigger state with bigger issues has.

Good luck in the fight! We are rooting for you!
Well, become a member and find out! :D

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
Holy cow. The Madison Police just upped the ante. This is clearly a Chief who has a problem with your second amendment rights, to the point where he is willing to put clearly anti-2A language in a press release.

Go get 'em boys!

Maybe not the police chief, more likely the mayor. He's a Bloomberg toady. Although he does believe the 2A is about hunting.

ARADCOM

A little support

OK, so I just joined WCI online 'cuz I think you guys are going to need money to be paying your lawyers.

We in Washington State have it pretty easy compared to what you guys are going through and that press release from the chief was the tipping point for me. This is definitely a battle that needs to be fought and won.

Good luck and stay strong!

TyGuy

I just joined too! I would also give up my AR if I could move to Washington. Well, Western Washingtion. Eastern WA is not for me.

Gunslinger

We are law abiding citizens, not extremists. The law allows for an officer to disarm you while you are being detained. Your obligation is to comply and then file a complaint or suit afterwards. Any time we interact with others while we are carrying, we need to hold ourselves to a very high standard of conduct to the point of being passive if need be.

So were the Jews in Nazi Germany. But all of a sudden, they lost the capability to "file a complaint or sue afterward." I don't advocate getting in a shootout with rogue cops who feel they are above the law. But I do say speak your piece. Let them know you will defend your rights and they picked the wrong guy to **** with.

B

bhancock

Someone asked me to elucidate my last post so from my experience of having successfully defended myself in court on self-defense handgun related charges I will give you guys the best advice I can...

Shut the hell up!

As much as I respect law enforcement, nobody lies like a cop and if they see a chink in your armor they will exploit it.

100% agreed. I learned this one the hard way.

B

bhancock

Unbelievable Response from Council Member

You have a serious issue within your city's police department. After reading the press release the chief just issued, it appears Madison will harass and arrest law abiding citizens just for exercising the the protected right to bear arms. This right has been affirmed by Attorney General Doyle twice, Governor Doyle Once, Attorney General Van Hollen Once, The Wisconsin Supreme Court, and the Constitution of this state. Furthermore one of the officers responding to the gentlemen enjoying their meal at Culvers stated it is OK for PEDOPHILES to hang out with children!!!!!!!
A serious investigation of the Madison PD is in order immediately.

My family takes at least a couple trips to Madison a year to visit places, shop, and eat. I will not travel to Madison again until I no longer fear arrest for exercising my right to bear arms and that my children are safe from pedophiles. Respectfully,

Their Reply;
Have a good time staying at home. While legal, it's inappropriate and aggressive to pack your little pistols in public places. We won't miss you or the childish displays of constitutional freedoms.
Lauren Cnare
District 3 Alder

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device from U.S. Cellular
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 15:53:02 -0500
To: district3@uscellular.blackberry.com<district3@uscellular.blackberry.com>
Subject: Police Department

TyGuy

OMG! please please PLEASE forward that email to some local media! I would love for everyone to learn how their elected official talks down to their constituents. If you don't like the law then work to change it, don't blame us for following it.

The Don

OMG! please please PLEASE forward that email to some local media! I would love for everyone to learn how their elected official talks down to their constituents. If you don't like the law then work to change it, don't blame us for following it.

Local media...send it to the national media.

My. God.

anmut

You have a serious issue within your city's police department. After reading the press release the chief just issued, it appears Madison will harass and arrest law abiding citizens just for exercising the the protected right to bear arms. This right has been affirmed by Attorney General Doyle twice, Governor Doyle Once, Attorney General Van Hollen Once, The Wisconsin Supreme Court, and the Constitution of this state. Furthermore one of the officers responding to the gentlemen enjoying their meal at Culvers stated it is OK for PEDOPHILES to hang out with children!!!!!!!

My family takes at least a couple trips to Madison a year to visit places, shop, and eat. I will not travel to Madison again until I no longer fear arrest for exercising my right to bear arms and that my children are safe from pedophiles. Respectfully,

Their Reply;
Have a good time staying at home. While legal, it's inappropriate and aggressive to pack your little pistols in public places. We won't miss you or the childish displays of constitutional freedoms.
Lauren Cnare
District 3 Alder

HA! If that doesn't just sweeten the deal...

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA

Their Reply;
Lauren Cnare
District 3 Alder

"CHILDISH DISPLAY OF CONSTITUTIONAL FREEDOMS" ? ? ? ? LIKE VOTING HER SORRY ASS OUT OF OFFICE?
OMFG! You have got to be kidding me.
Was that really from the alderperson who sent that, Can someone really be that ignorant?
I am positive she swore an oath to uphold the US constitution, right? I guess she forgot about that little detail!

That really needs to be forwarded to any news outlet available, expecially with the recent news about that DA sending inappropriate texts to a crime victim while trying to seperate her from her panties.

Last edited:

paul@paul-fisher.com

Their Reply;
Lauren Cnare
District 3 Alder

I sent this to Chris Rickert from Wisconsin State Journal.