• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Personal Defense TV

Shane28

I watch it on Sportsman channel not sure if its on spike. I found that they have good information they put out and follow most of there dry fire excrises. I also enjoy there unarmed training segment

Toocool

I just discovered this forum today, and this is my first post. I not only watch Personal Defense TV, but also "Handguns" on the same channel...lots of good information out there. I've learned quite a bit, although I can't help but think of Forrest Gump when Tiger McKee talks...I especially enjoy Ed Head's segments and Massad Ayoob...and even though Il Ling New's stuff is mostly female-oriented, she has a lot of good stuff for guys to learn, too...

CKM

I DVR and watch the following:

Personal Defense
Handguns
Gallery of Guns
Modern Rifle Adventures
SWAT Magazine TV
Tactical Arms
Best Defense
Cowboys
Shooting USA (and Sighting In With Shooting USA)
Guns & Ammo TV

These are all on either the Outdoor Channel or the Sportsman Channel (311 and 309 respectively on Charter Cable). I also just started watching 3 Gun Nation on Versus (channel 31).

Last edited:

Scott E Mayer

HI folks. Thanks for watching Personal Defense. I'm the producer. At the risk of spamming on my first post here, I wanted to clarify a few things.

We are on Sportsman Channel, not Outdoor Channel. If you get DISH, it's channel 395 and you can order it a la carte for $3. For the next year, that $3 goes to Gulf Coast restoration.

We kicked off the new season today. Here is a link to the announcement along with some trailers for the first two shows and some photos. Let me know what you think about the new host, look and attitude of the show, and thanks again for watching.