• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ignore feature.

Do You use the Ignore Feature on trolls?

• Total voters

1245A Defender

i agree, but didnt want to be first,,,,

Sorry, had to do it. My answer is not there.

I ignore nobody. I like the amusement that some people provide.

i ignore nobody. sometimes they write things of importance.
i try to befriend the minor trolls, they just want acceptance.
i try to read and ignore the medium trolls, they try to make an unpopular point.
i try to read and ignore the master trolls, untill i can take it no more,
then i try to post a non-flame rebuttal to kill what ever action they have stirred up.

that works,,,,often.

since9

Campaign Veteran
I chose the third response, although on occasion, I've put people on ignore, temporarily, when they're clearly baiting or insulting me and the mods won't do anything about it. Haven't had to do that on this forum, though, as the admins/mods here are very professional - they take care of business.

DON'T RESPOND AT ALL, JUST VOTE.

Responding is our option under forum rules. This is, after all, a message forum. :D

Last edited:

Jack House

i try to read and ignore the medium trolls, they try to make an unpopular point.
It makes you a troll to disagree with the majority?

To answer the question: I don't ignore anyone, because I do not feel the need to stick my fingers in my ears and go lalalalalalala when someone says something I don't like.

Last edited:

slowfiveoh

Whenever you feel that you disagree with someones point of view, there are two elite methods of response.

#1. Pretend that you are taking a moral, ethical, or factual high ground by hiding behind your own beliefs.

#2. Declare the person you are conversing with a "troll" as to denigrate their character by labeling them as an internet phenomenon on a mission to merely invoke emotive response.

That way you don't have to actually discuss the topic or delve into subject matter you are uncomfortable with.

Huzzah. :lol:

rodbender

Whenever you feel that you disagree with someones point of view, there are two elite methods of response.

#1. Pretend that you are taking a moral, ethical, or factual high ground by hiding behind your own beliefs.

#2. Declare the person you are conversing with a "troll" as to denigrate their character by labeling them as an internet phenomenon on a mission to merely invoke emotive response.

#3. Declare that the opposing view is a personal attack and put the poster on the ignore list and move on.

That way you don't have to actually discuss the topic or delve into subject matter you are uncomfortable with.

Huzzah. :lol:

You left one out. I fixed it for you.

Last edited:

slowfiveoh

It is my experience that those who fear conversing about a particular subject, or feign offense to it, are intellectually unable to process a conversation about it.

It disturbs their worldview so badly that they cower from discussing it.

Venturing outside of your shell is bad, even if it's made of sticks.

Am I right?

Also, yes rodbender I agree. Thank you for that meaningful, and worthwhile addition.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
I've only used it once. I don't mind getting into arguements at all. There was one poster however who IMO contributed nothing but mindless leftist bullscat in every single post I saw. If I want to read the nonsensical ravings of some fascist bed wetters I'll go to the Huff-Po or some other looney blog. Everyone else here has a point of view that is valid, regardless if I agree or think they're an idiot.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I never "ignore" anybody. I figure the best ignore button is my own mind. Kinda like the most important gun safety, and the most important self-defense weapon.

And, I'd better not hear Grapeshot chipping in that I'm at a disadvantage and need to move up in caliber on that last one. :)

Last edited:

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
I never "ignore" anybody. I figure the best ignore button is my own mind. Kinda like the most important gun safety, and the most important self-defense weapon.

And, I'd better not hear Grapeshot chipping in that I'm at a disadvantage and need to move up in caliber on that last one. :)

I'll do it for him.

You need a .45

Yata hey.

Last edited:

Tomas

I do not use the ignore feature provided by the software on any site.

I have enough abilities left in my feeble brain to just skip over the trolls, or to report them if they are obnoxious enough to merit the trouble.

So - that means I didn't answer the poll because there is no matching answer: I do not use the ignore feature, I simply ignore the trolls.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Nothing more that I need to say here - you've done quite well I should say. :D

PT111

I just ignore them without wasting my time changing any settings. There is nothing that requires someone to respond to trolls or anyone else and the scroll wheel on my mouse works fine for ignoring posts that I don't care to read.

DNFTT = Do Not Feed The Trolls. If you do you are as aggravating as they are.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I'll do it for him.

You need a .45

Yata hey.

LOL. I just realized you added the "Yata hey." Nice touch.

You'll notice he didn't waste any time tracking down my post.

Sometimes, instead of an ignore feature, I wish there was a stealth feature that could hide posts from certain people. :)