• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Personal Recording

qball54208

I carry an Olympus VN-6200 PC. I was at the gas station last night when a car pulled in, dropped of a very intoxicated drunk black female. She was so intoxicated that she could not walk straight for 2'.
The clerk decided to call the local PD, 3 squads show up, 1 female and 2 males. The female quickly "took charge"
Long story short, my recorder got it all very clearly from my shirt pocket more than 10' away!
I sure am glad that the last two LEO encounters DID NOT involve this power hungry "ballsy" female LEO that must have left her uterus at home along with her tact, professionalism and patience. Insted, she packed her utility belt with attitude, false bravado, her husbands testicles and probably her neighbors as well. (Just my observation)
All I can say is that I am impressed with the quality of the sound!
If you do not have one, I strongly suggest you invest around 50-70$ in one!

Shane28

Iphone

i have a recorder on my Iphone. and hear me on it over the box fan and Tv from 10ft away

Deek

I've picked up a pair of video recording sunglasses that were mentioned in a thread elsewhere on this site, and so far they are the cat's "rearend" for getting evidence if its ever needed. I've personally made up to a 2 hour recording. Very nice.....

grinner

i have a recorder on my Iphone. and hear me on it over the box fan and Tv from 10ft away

Shane, where do you put your iPhone? Clip it to your belt? What application do you recommend? Just the built-in Voice Memos one? Is there a limit to recording time? Are these exportable and editable on a mac / pc?

Thanks. I have an iPhone 3GS and I'd like to avoid buying and carrying something else if I don't have to.

The Don

audio/video

if you're looking for both audio and video and want to be more covert, you could go with something like this:

http://www.lightinthebox.com/Mini-S...esult=0&page_size=24&page_idx=1&in_page_idx=3

That's a "button camera" that you can put in your shirt pocket with an 8gb internal memory - can hold 15 hours of stuff, but only 2 hours per charge.

There's other versions on other sites that are wireless and should have enough range to go to a receiver in your vehicle...usually up to 700' under ideal conditions.

personally, I use my Droid similar to how someone posted they use their iphone.

Passive101

For people who have android phones there is a free program called Voice Recorder. There is also a quick easy option to immediately email the audio file so it is safe and sound off your person ;)

I use it on my Moto Droid to record my classes and it works fantastic.

Shane28

Iphone

I just use the normal memo function but run out of battery before i run out of recorability you just have to change your settings and to not allow it to go to sleep while recording. It does eat battery though. I carry mine on the inside breast pocket of my jacket. not sure If you can access files other than on the phone never tried or had to acess them.

The Don

For people who have android phones there is a free program called Voice Recorder. There is also a quick easy option to immediately email the audio file so it is safe and sound off your person ;)

Yeah, that's the one I use. If I get a chance later tonight I'll post a link to it in the android market.

Passive101

QR Code to Voice Recorder for Android phones.

Attachments

• Voice-Recorder-150x150.png
    Voice-Recorder-150x150.png
    5.6 KB · Views: 85

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Me Too!

i wish RAK would have come to Culver's with his camera SUV.

To tell the truth I had completely forgotten about the event since I was prepping to leave on a trip the next morning. But you are right on the money McX. If I had been there with my car cam going it would all have been recorded on video with audio. I WILL be at the next event Saturday in Baraboo and I may bring my "other" vehicle with a cam corder. Either way, I will have at least two recorders on me ready to go.

I suggest we ALL use VIDEO recorders for any upcoming infringements on us by the police or anyone else. I use a Creative VADO HD with 8 gig of memory. It has amazing video and audio clarity in HD mode. Records 2 hours and 11 minutes in HD 1080 with audio. I got mine last year online for $99. Can't beat that! Oh, and it has auto features to upload directly to YouTube.

BROKENSPROKET

I have used the voice recorder on my Moto DROID, its not bad recording but I does take a few actions to get it rolling. I really prefer the Olympus WS500M. I wear it on a chord around my neck just under my shirt. I can press the record button thru my shirt and its rolling, with better audio than the DROID.