• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Not OC "per se", but interesting...

since9

Campaign Veteran
Thoughts???

Sounds to me like he was protesting Maryland's penchant against OC by CCing and advertising it.

I agree the banner looks ridiculous. However, I was intrigued with the paragraph from the product's website:

Our safety product was designed to provide non-uniformed police officers involved in critical incident a safe and nationally recognized way to identify themselves to uniformed officers that are responding to the critical incident utilizing a safety banner system which is visible 360 degrees in order to eliminate “blue on blue” shootings.

An easy, cost effective solution that can help eliminate friendly fire, and proper identification by law enforcement and C.C.W. holders.

It's the same reason all valid armed forces wear uniforms, from the military to LEO, S.W.A.T., FBI, etc. All wear either uniforms, or jackets or bullet-proof vests emblazed with their agency's logo.

It's in part for these same reasons I choose to look like an upstanding citizen when I OC, rather than a thug wearing a hoodie.

Last edited:

Dreamer

REAL concealed carriers wear these: http://www.dsmsafety.com/home.html

Why would anyone wear a sash that advertised the fact that they were committing a CRIME like "Carrying a Concealed Weapon"? You'd think that admitting to a crime in neon colors would be probably cause for the cops to shoot you for sure...

I'll never understand why people in states like MD, NY and IL seem to confuse a privilege (concealed carry permit) with a crime (Carry a Concealed Weapon). Perhaps it's because in states like that, getting a permit has more to do with who you know and who's palm you grease, than with training, competency, safety, and knowledge of the law...

PLEASE stop using "CCW" to describe a lawful permit to carry concealed. "CCW" is a CRIME. Permits have specific names, and there is not a SINGLE state in the Union that calls their permit/license a "CCW".

But almost ALL states DO define "CCW" as a statutory crime.

This isn't rocket science folks...

Last edited:

waapl01

CCw banners

Sounds to me like he was protesting Maryland's penchant against OC by CCing and advertising it.

I agree the banner looks ridiculous. However, I was intrigued with the paragraph from the product's website:

Our safety product was designed to provide non-uniformed police officers involved in critical incident a safe and nationally recognized way to identify themselves to uniformed officers that are responding to the critical incident utilizing a safety banner system which is visible 360 degrees in order to eliminate “blue on blue” shootings.

An easy, cost effective solution that can help eliminate friendly fire, and proper identification by law enforcement and C.C.W. holders.

It's the same reason all valid armed forces wear uniforms, from the military to LEO, S.W.A.T., FBI, etc. All wear either uniforms, or jackets or bullet-proof vests emblazed with their agency's logo.

It's in part for these same reasons I choose to look like an upstanding citizen when I OC, rather than a thug wearing a hoodie.
So what if the bad guy is wearing this banner to trick LEO's into believing their the good guys. It ain't working.

JackOR

So what if the bad guy is wearing this banner to trick LEO's into believing their the good guys. It ain't working.

The website states; *** DSM Safety Products LLC policy: The DSM Safety Banner will only be shipped to qualifying Law Enforcement, CCW and Security Personnel agencies.

That said, I also found this snippet in the FAQ that gave me a good laugh...

Will I remember to deploy the DSM Safety Banner after a critical incident?

Not unless you train with your banner, Sgt. Mike Lessman advises that once your adversary is down, seek cover, tactically reload and deploy your banner, this should be practiced in your range training sessions so that if you are faced with a critical incident, you will revert back to your training.

Yeah, I'm going to practice deploying my banner at the range...:banghead:

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
The website states; *** DSM Safety Products LLC policy: The DSM Safety Banner will only be shipped to qualifying Law Enforcement, CCW and Security Personnel agencies.

Things get stolen all of the time. Both the badge are the banner are ridiculous and potentially dangerous to the LAC. One could be used to charge you with Impersonating a police officer and the other makes you a highly visible target.

That being said, if you're foolish enough to actually buy a badge you should also get the proper ID folder to keep it in. wearing it for the world to see is world class stupidity.

waapl01

Banners yeah right!!

That said, I also found this snippet in the FAQ that gave me a good laugh...

Will I remember to deploy the DSM Safety Banner after a critical incident?

Not unless you train with your banner, Sgt. Mike Lessman advises that once your adversary is down, seek cover, tactically reload and deploy your banner, this should be practiced in your range training sessions so that if you are faced with a critical incident, you will revert back to your training.

Yeah, I'm going to practice deploying my banner at the range...:banghead:

Agree, if bad guys can get guns, they can also get banners, except i don't think they think about wearing banners.