Thread: smart phone app

smart phone app

I just bought a new Android phone and am looking for a good app that let's me record audio and upload it to the net. Someone is running a similar program on their iPhone. Thanks
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (who will watch the watchmen?)

I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of posts should be construed as legal advice.

Check out the application 'Voice Recorder'. It's free and has a home screen widget. It records in native recording format for phones though, so you'll eventually need a converter to convert the file if you need to transfer it to your computer. This is the app I currently use and it works great.

There's another pay app that I've been considering getting that records in a .wav format which is already computer ready. Been thinking about spending a few bucks and getting that. I'll post the name momentarily.
    Last edited by malignity; 09-19-2010 at 08:54 PM.
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

The other app is called TapeMachine Recorder and is 3.99 Euros; or roughly $5.21 american. Supposedly it can record in .wav format which is nice.

There's another free app called cop recorder or something that completely runs in the background so if your phone is ceased no one can tell the application is running until the application is re-opened. Personally, with a name like that, I think it would only draw attention to that program, so I simply stay away from it. Unless you're looking closely, you can barely tell my widget is recording.
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

I think Zigziggityzoo uses an app that records and stores it at another location. That way even if the recorder is taken or destroyed what was recorded up to that point is still available.

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. Thomas Paine

Cool GhandiCam App

Quote Originally Posted by lapeer20m View Post
    I just bought a new Android phone and am looking for a good app that let's me record audio and upload it to the net. Someone is running a similar program on their iPhone. Thanks
    The Gandhicam project is a distributed, online project dedicated to protecting civil liberties

http://www.gandhicam.org/

Originally motivated by reports of police illegally confiscating or destroying people's pictures and video, it also has applications in personal safety, whistleblowing, undercover and warzone reporting
    "Liberty's too precious a thing to be buried in books...Men should hold it up in front of them every single day of their lives and say: 'I'm free to think and to speak. My ancestors couldn't. I can. And my children will."
    ,,, So Mote Be

Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.-- JC

I have tried dozens, the best so far is "CopRecorder". Search for it in your market, its free!
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

Anyone have remote recording app suggestions for the iPhone?
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Not exactly what you are asking for, but check out http://qik.com.

It does audio and video and streams it live (with some buffering) to your account on qik.com. This has the benefit of still being accessible if your phone is "stolen".

The app is available for a large number of phones.

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, USA
    Sorry to go a bit off track, but here is my million dollar idea of the day:

An app that tells you up to the minute firearms laws wherever you are! Warning, you must open carry when enterng this building, warning, this is a victim zone, leave your arms ni the vehicle etc.

If you build it, you can send me a check!

And back on track...

Quote Originally Posted by TheQ View Post
    See my post above, it's a remote video, audio & photo app. also it's FREE

For audio remote recording there's http://michigan2a.porcupine411.com/

as a optional backup, also FREE.
    "Liberty's too precious a thing to be buried in books...Men should hold it up in front of them every single day of their lives and say: 'I'm free to think and to speak. My ancestors couldn't. I can. And my children will."
    ,,, So Mote Be

Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.-- JC

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Control View Post
    The Gandhicam project is a distributed, online project dedicated to protecting civil liberties

Originally motivated by reports of police illegally confiscating or destroying people's pictures and video, it also has applications in personal safety, whistleblowing, undercover and warzone reporting
    this looks like a great concept, but i'm having trouble getting it to work with gmail.
    i've emailed the creators about possible use with an FTP
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

police scanner app

i posted a suggestion a couple of months ago about getting a local police scanner app. my sister has it on her iphone. would also be good app to have to know that mwag call is sending police your way. forewarned is forearmed.
    the thread got all spun away with people talking about mounted scanners in your car and it's legality and completely ignored my simple premise of using phone app to know the police are coming. would give you time to get recorder app ready.

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonian View Post
    i posted a suggestion a couple of months ago about getting a local police scanner app. my sister has it on her iphone. would also be good app to have to know that mwag call is sending police your way. forewarned is forearmed.
    the thread got all spun away with people talking about mounted scanners in your car and it's legality and completely ignored my simple premise of using phone app to know the police are coming. would give you time to get recorder app ready.
    It was a good suggestion.. and one that I heeded.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

I have a iPhone and am wondering what the app is called to listen to it like a scanner.....

Quote Originally Posted by SlowDog View Post
    I have a iPhone and am wondering what the app is called to listen to it like a scanner.....
    i'll text my sister and find out slowdog

Scanner for Android Phone

I have a Blackberry Phone and use app called bbscanner, before purchasing any type of scanner app, check the following Link to see if Police radio is transmitted via internet for your area. Monroe Co. only has Fire-EMS http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?stid=26

Already switched from anxroid to iPhone . I found a good police scanner app called 5-0 radio. It's free and works great.

Still searching for good free recorder app.
    Last edited by lapeer20m; 09-25-2010 at 01:04 PM.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (who will watch the watchmen?)

I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of posts should be construed as legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by lapeer20m View Post
    Already switched from anxroid to iPhone . I found a good police scanner app called 5-0 radio. It's free and works great.

Still searching for good free recorder app.
    The 5-0 Pro upgrade is well worth it. It let's you record the active feed.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

MC, I don't see a iPhone version on the site just android

Quote Originally Posted by Master Control View Post
    See my post above, it's a remote video, audio & photo app. also it's FREE

For audio remote recording there's http://michigan2a.porcupine411.com/

as a optional backup, also FREE.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheQ View Post