Thread: Is UOC illegal in Oceanside by city ordinance?

Is UOC illegal in Oceanside by city ordinance?

I know there have been meetups in Oceanside before and I believe this ordinance has been vetted before however, I don't remember the outcome.

The city of Oceanside municipal code chapter 20 section 10 states:

No person shall be or appear in any street, alley, sidewalk, parkway or any public place or place open to public view while carrying upon his person, or having in his immediate possession, any dangerous or deadly weapon. This section shall not be construed to duplicate prohibitions of California state statute, or to prohibit the possession of weapons expressly authorized by California state statute.
    http://library.municode.com/index.as...D&cl=14631.txt

So is this enforcable or somehow preempted by State law?

Quote Originally Posted by chewy352 View Post
    I know there have been meetups in Oceanside before and I believe this ordinance has been vetted before however, I don't remember the outcome.

The city of Oceanside municipal code chapter 20 section 10 states:

No person shall be or appear in any street, alley, sidewalk, parkway or any public place or place open to public view while carrying upon his person, or having in his immediate possession, any dangerous or deadly weapon. This section shall not be construed to duplicate prohibitions of California state statute, or to prohibit the possession of weapons expressly authorized by California state statute.
    http://library.municode.com/index.as...D&cl=14631.txt

So is this enforcable or somehow preempted by State law?
    I think thats preemped. The O'side drove by us and didn't even stop. See this vid.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Xgv2Oc7VR8
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Quote Originally Posted by chewy352 View Post
    ...or to prohibit the possession of weapons expressly authorized by California state statute.
    It was right there all along.

There is no state prohibition on open carry, nor any statute expressly authorizing which weapon is legal to carry. Laws cover what you cannot do...not what you can

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Army View Post
    It was right there all along.

There is no state prohibition on open carry, nor any statute expressly authorizing which weapon is legal to carry. Laws cover what you cannot do...not what you can
    +1