• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who was CC'ing at Cabelas in Lacey today? (maybe it's a trick question)

Guest1650

I was walking out and passed a gentleman walking in wearing a "guns and coffee" tee-shirt.

Who are you MR.Man?

Did you buy anything good?

On another good note.. Saw a few guys OC'in' in the fishing dept'

amzbrady

Ha, I was just thinking (I occasionally do that), When I went in to find a holster that would fit my PT111 (They really should have fitting rooms), they said that I couldnt remove my firearm myself, fair enough, the guy helping me did so, however after checking a few holsters, he would not reinsert my clip and reholster it for me, instead he took it to the counter and said he would have to walk it down to the front counter to have it returned to me.
This is where a thought hit me kind of humorous. If you are in Cabelas and wind up having to defend yourself with your firearm. Would you then have to turn it in to the guys at the counter, so that they can walk it down for you and have it returned to you there?
Does it seem like some company rules are a little anal?
I still think their biggest mistake was not installing a shooting range for hanguns, long guns, and bows.

Guest1650

They would make alot more money, and profits from fashioning some sort of fitting room, Because More people would BUY. and not just kick tires like theyre buying a used car.

Im very picky about my holsters, whether leather or kydex. I want to try them on, with my pistol . My pistol has half of the say here, too.

Matter of fact, They have a galco shoulder rig in there for the 1911. Almost bought it today. But they said I wasnt allowed to remove my firearm and insert it into the holster because it could cause stress on the leather. (im guessing this guy was fairly new). I just said.. Okay.. well can you fit it from a pistol just like mine behind the counter?.. he told me he wasnt allowed to remove a firearm because his prints had'nt gone through yet.

I question their customer service.

It may scare me if they had a shooting range, now that I think of it.. theyd want something in return.. and besides.. you'd have to check your guns at the door! In, and Out!..

obviously..someone was really thinking.

Props to them on the new sings.. Something to the tone of..." fire-arms legally carried open or concealed must remain in holster - unless checking them in first"...atleast they are in the Know.

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
A number of us were in Cabelas on Saturday. We went there after the 3rd Saturday brunch. There was me, my friend Daniel, Goose and his family, and Chehalis Scott. I believe Genshen was going to go later and there was one other guy whose name I didn't catch. I believe HE was the one you saw. I know he was wearing a Guns n Coffee t-shirt at Denney's.

Deleted_User

I was there for a while in the fishing dept and also looking for ammo. Gun and Coffee shirt would've been Tom or Scott though I believe. Bookman covered the rest of us off. We were there for a while.

I think Zach might've come later (Genken) but I'm not sure. Hurray for unicorn sightings :)

tombrewster421

I didn't go to Cabela's that day. I had to go home and do work around the house, and I would most certainly have been OC ;)

amzbrady

I just spewed grape soda! +1 Amlevin

They could use the plastic guns to resemble like models so you can see how they feel. On a shooting range you have your gun out, they could serve as fitting rooms also, just having the employee checking the weapon to be sure its clear. With the amount of weapons they have it would have been to their benifit to have a shooting range, with a loaner model of each they sell. Wouldnt hurt them to promo a firearm and charge to fire it. I would have liked to fire a pt 111 before buying. I think there more they could have done to bring in more business, and more they could have done that would be a benifit to their loyal customers.