Thread: dont carry at the racine mall!

dont carry at the racine mall!

i have carried at the mall on the corner of durand and green bay several times without a problem but on 9/16/2010 i had a run in. i was at the tmobile stand getting a new phone and i noticed a detective {badge and gun on hip} walk by me and he didnt say anything so i thought well allright no problems here. after several minutes a security guard {nice nice lady} walks up on my strong side accompanied by the owner of the mall. they inform me as it is private property they do not allow carry in the mall. i had a nice chat with them and agreed to put my firearm in my vehicle and then come back to finish my business. they were fine with that and on my way back in i encountered the detective on his way out we exchanged hellos and i went about my business. not really dramatic or a bad run in but none the less dont carry there. it could get worse for the next guy. on a positive note i was not hassled at all by the detective so he knew the rights and respected the boundaries. +1 open carry.
    Last edited by tronson; 09-20-2010 at 12:06 AM.

You went back inside and still opened your wallet for them ?

IMO, better idea, shop online or find a t mobile store, but definitely let them know that they will not be getting any more of your money. And it would not be a bad idea to send letters to anyone you patronize in that mall and let them know why you will not be spending anymore money in those establishments and copy the owner of the mall on those letters.

Simply walking away for me is no longer an option - some kind of positive impression needs to be made or change will not happen.

-just my humble and inexperienced opinion-
    - Knowledge is power and there IS strength in numbers -

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by rotty View Post
    IMO, better idea, shop online or find a t mobile store, but definitely let them know that they will not be getting any more of your money. And it would not be a bad idea to send letters to anyone you patronize in that mall and let them know why you will not be spending anymore money in those establishments and copy the owner of the mall on those letters.

Simply walking away for me is no longer an option - some kind of positive impression needs to be made or change will not happen.

-just my humble and inexperienced opinion-
    theonly problem for me was that i could not find another t mobile store in the area and my phone completly died so i had to get a new one. i agree with you but i feel hesitant about a confrontation all by myself.

You can be friendly, and informative. I understand the thing about needing a phone - I really can. I was just expressing my thoughts not digging on you or chastising you whatsoever.
    - Knowledge is power and there IS strength in numbers -

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    - Thomas Jefferson

what if 100 of us...went there at the same time... think they could get us all ??
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Like most malls (see previous older posts about Brookfield Square, etc.), they have a no guns policy.

Most malls have the following policy in their "Code of Conduct": "Carrying or displaying weapons of any kind except those carried by certified law enforcement officers in the performance of their duties."
    (http://www.shopregency-mall.com/shop.../codeofconduct - [ITEM #20])

Therefore, even off duty LEOs cannot carry concealed in malls with these rules as they are not "in the performance of their duties". I have writtten letters to the management companies of these malls and have received no reply.

Has anyone, however, seen a "no guns" sign at any of the enterances of any mall?

Looks like I will not be going to the Recency Mall any more!!! Good looking out.
    Last edited by jmoll9571; 09-22-2010 at 08:13 AM.

I have to ask - who still goes to malls? If I can't find it at Fleet Farm I usually buy it online. Feck malls!

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by anmut View Post
    I have to ask - who still goes to malls? If I can't find it at Fleet Farm I usually buy it online. Feck malls!
    Folks that want to see and bee seen. "The Mall" is the modern version of a promenade and of cruisin' Main Street. Eschew crowds!

McX
    The Racine Mall is more like the indoor who's who of gangland.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    All malls are the who's who of eXtreme lifestyles enjoying their 15 minutes of fame. How is the crowd at a mall different and the same ("Class, compare and contrast ...") as the crowd at a "picnic"? Bye bye from Bozeman, MT. If you're ever here then you must eat at Looie's Down Under where I had one of the finest meals of my life!

McX
    doug, i swear you get to go to all the beautiful places, and hang out with the beautiful people. sometimes i get to also, but then the cops show up. anyway, did you get to carry alot? Buy anything for me?

All the malls around here have no gun policies but are not posted. They are usually packed anyway so i just conceal.
    For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. Carl Sagan

When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours - Stephen Roberts

to be clear i only went to the mall to get a new phone as i dont know of another tmobile store in racine. i dont go there for anything else.