• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

dont carry at the racine mall!

tronson

i have carried at the mall on the corner of durand and green bay several times without a problem but on 9/16/2010 i had a run in. i was at the tmobile stand getting a new phone and i noticed a detective {badge and gun on hip} walk by me and he didnt say anything so i thought well allright no problems here. after several minutes a security guard {nice nice lady} walks up on my strong side accompanied by the owner of the mall. they inform me as it is private property they do not allow carry in the mall. i had a nice chat with them and agreed to put my firearm in my vehicle and then come back to finish my business. they were fine with that and on my way back in i encountered the detective on his way out we exchanged hellos and i went about my business. not really dramatic or a bad run in but none the less dont carry there. it could get worse for the next guy. on a positive note i was not hassled at all by the detective so he knew the rights and respected the boundaries. +1 open carry.

Last edited:

rotty

You went back inside and still opened your wallet for them ?

IMO, better idea, shop online or find a t mobile store, but definitely let them know that they will not be getting any more of your money. And it would not be a bad idea to send letters to anyone you patronize in that mall and let them know why you will not be spending anymore money in those establishments and copy the owner of the mall on those letters.

Simply walking away for me is no longer an option - some kind of positive impression needs to be made or change will not happen.

-just my humble and inexperienced opinion-

tronson

IMO, better idea, shop online or find a t mobile store, but definitely let them know that they will not be getting any more of your money. And it would not be a bad idea to send letters to anyone you patronize in that mall and let them know why you will not be spending anymore money in those establishments and copy the owner of the mall on those letters.

Simply walking away for me is no longer an option - some kind of positive impression needs to be made or change will not happen.

-just my humble and inexperienced opinion-
theonly problem for me was that i could not find another t mobile store in the area and my phone completly died so i had to get a new one. i agree with you but i feel hesitant about a confrontation all by myself.

rotty

You can be friendly, and informative. I understand the thing about needing a phone - I really can. I was just expressing my thoughts not digging on you or chastising you whatsoever.

Touchdown

Like most malls (see previous older posts about Brookfield Square, etc.), they have a no guns policy.

Most malls have the following policy in their "Code of Conduct": "Carrying or displaying weapons of any kind except those carried by certified law enforcement officers in the performance of their duties."
(http://www.shopregency-mall.com/shop/regency.nsf/codeofconduct - [ITEM #20])

Therefore, even off duty LEOs cannot carry concealed in malls with these rules as they are not "in the performance of their duties". I have writtten letters to the management companies of these malls and have received no reply.

Has anyone, however, seen a "no guns" sign at any of the enterances of any mall?

jmoll9571

Looks like I will not be going to the Recency Mall any more!!! Good looking out.

Last edited:

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
All malls are the who's who of eXtreme lifestyles enjoying their 15 minutes of fame. How is the crowd at a mall different and the same ("Class, compare and contrast ...") as the crowd at a "picnic"? Bye bye from Bozeman, MT. If you're ever here then you must eat at Looie's Down Under where I had one of the finest meals of my life!

M

McX

doug, i swear you get to go to all the beautiful places, and hang out with the beautiful people. sometimes i get to also, but then the cops show up. anyway, did you get to carry alot? Buy anything for me?

tronson

to be clear i only went to the mall to get a new phone as i dont know of another tmobile store in racine. i dont go there for anything else.