• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Travis barrick attorney general

DON`T TREAD ON ME

I have been helping Travis Barrick with his campaign, as some of you know he met several of us on the strip after an OC event we did. I met Travis in the motorcycle world, and slowly found out that we share common principals in the 2A/ gun world. Cool things have been happening on this front that I think are important.
Travis has seen the way that I open carry, and has always been supportive, however he has gradually got the bug, and now open carry's everywhere he can. I think it is cool, I do not know of any other candidate for any other office that is stumping with a hog leg. He is not doing this for any political reasons, and I have questioned him on his motives, because I thought it would be smarter to not be controversial, while running for office. He replied, I am running for office in the USA, and I am proud of it, that was case closed for me. I would like to see open carriers from all over the country get behind Travis. He is for real. If anyone can donate even $5.00 or a ream of paper for flyers please go to his website, www.travisbarrick.com or PM me, I can get flyers to you if you can pass them out etc. Sorry if this type of thing is not cool on the thread, but it would be good for open carry if he were elected.

www.travisbarrick.com

timf343

Campaign Veteran
DTOM-

You're very much on topic. In addition to being a pro-OC candidate, Travis has also visited us during our most recent OC Meetup on the strip, and has even been open carrying himself throughout the state!

This candidate gets my support.

Tim

flagellum

I just found out I can vote in Nevada, so I need to start doing some research. What are some un-official endorsements that you guys have? Besides kicking out Gillespie I don't really know who I'm going to vote for what.

varminter22

Travis was here in Fallon attending our monthly SFA meeting. Unfortunately, I had to work. Hated to miss it!

But I have spoken with Travis and he darned sure has my vote.

Nevada carrier

The only candidate that I voted for that was not a republican was the candidate for District Attorney, and only because I care more about getting David Roger out, if the next guy screws it up I'll vote him out too.

flagellum

Today in Political Science class my professor was talking about how sad it was that the republicans were running a felon for atorney general. I spoke up and said, "but it was for trespass, correct? I mean it wasn't like he was a rapist or murderer or something like that."He basicly said, "pftt. What difference does it make" and rolled his eyes.

=/

Nevada carrier

Travis Barrick is a felon? this is news to me. If he were a felon doesn't that mean he can't own a firearm or hold a public office? Are they talking about the jail time he served for something that went down at an abortion clinic 20 years ago? if it was simply jail time, chances are it was not a felony, and he would not be the first person to be convicted of a misdemeanor crime standing up for what he believed in, nor would he be the first with such a past to hold a public office. people grow up and learn from their actions good or bad. Travis Barrick probably has more conviction than any of the spineless dems holding office right now.

Ask your poly-sci prof to bring in his/her criminal record jacket so we can pull their skeletons from the closet.

flagellum

Wasn't sure at the time, but yes I believe that if what he was referring too. I've be voting for him, if not for any reason than to spite my Democrat-pushing teacher. Being arrested is badass points as far as I'm concerned.... back home in CA our District Attorney was an actual felon(refused to pay income tax) but he proved to be a totally awesome Libertarian, and didn't much care for Cali's gun laws(Which are hardly constitutional).

DON`T TREAD ON ME

Travis went to a clinic that was "famous" for performing late term abortions. he tells me they are illegal. I am more of a choice guy myself but he said they blocked the entrance peacfully to bring awareness. they did get in the paper. Travis was found guilty of misdemeanor tresspass and could have paid a minimal fine, however he did the 40 or so days in jail to keep awareness up, and out of principal. He defends his actions on face to face here.
http://www.mynews3.com/category.php?id=5392&n=5037,5399&articleID=1700

After the attack ad came out I googled the clinic in action and there definently is controversy, in the top 5 hits for my search were these audio tapes where a 13 year old caller asks the clinic to conceal statutory rape. and the clinic agrees.

http://tapes.yeson73.net/thetape.php?id=716

It has been a ride, Travis is my friend and I believe in his ethics, that would not hae been my fight , but at least he was awake in 1989

Nevada carrier

sounds like someone with principal, all the more reason to vote for him. it's unfortunate that in the world we live in, this kind of thing can be easily spun to work against him by political rivals.

Nevada carrier

I voted for him while carrying my 1911.

When I left there were people outside the cordoned off area conducting exit polls. They asked me if I would like to share how I voted, I said with my firearm in direct view, "Not particularly, but do I really need to tell you how I voted?"

endowed

We too are planning to early-vote Repub. Travis Barrick for AG, but Dems Chairez for DA and Bisch for Sheriff (1st-time crossing-over... remembering Eric S.), but all the Repubs for everything else [i.e., Angle and Wegner for Congress, Sandoval, Krolicki, Martin, Herr, and Long for State (but no one for Sec of State)]. We're also going Repub as well for all the county and city offices... considered Cahill for PA (we're fans of cowboy shootin' too), but again... Eric Scott.

Anyone got opinions/suggestions to share on the 5 questions or all the court seats (haven't looked into 'em yet)?

Last edited:

flagellum

I'm glad to see people backing Chairez on this one, but I'd also like to point out that you are not really crossing lines voting for him, he is pretty much a libertarian from what I've seen. He fought for private property rights, supported Dr. Ron Paul, and from facebook I noticed some of his family members are actively libertarian.

I sometimes get worried when I see people default to the (R) as the lesser of two evils. That's what got us GWB, if I remember correctly.

timf343

Campaign Veteran
Early voted today while OC my Glock .40. Also got Chairez, Barrick, Angle, and Bisch. Put a lot of thought into the judges too. If you haven't voted yet, this is a good starting point for reading some info about the judges:

http://www.lvrj.com/politics/candidates

Obviously the LVRJ can be one-sided in their questions, so if you're on the fence about any of those candidates, more information can be found. But I found the site a good starting point.

45 ACP rocks

Early voted today while OC my Glock .40. Also got Chairez, Barrick, Angle, and Bisch. Put a lot of thought into the judges too. If you haven't voted yet, this is a good starting point for reading some info about the judges:

http://www.lvrj.com/politics/candidates

Obviously the LVRJ can be one-sided in their questions, so if you're on the fence about any of those candidates, more information can be found. But I found the site a good starting point.

Thanx, Tim!! Very much what I needed. It told me who were the incumbents. Knowing their positions on a couple of the initiatives is important to me, and I was able to change a few prior choices as well as settle a few tossups.

DON`T TREAD ON ME

I have yard signs available, they work on the back of pickups etc. let me know if you want one for you and one for your shooting buddy, also have flyers and pamphelets for anyone that can pass em out. 702-540-5894