• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Federal pistol free zones

quarter horseman

does anyone have the fed pistol free zone laws to share with me? I have tried to find it over and over but cannot find them for some odd reason call me an dum dum its ok. I want to go to local homecoming game and carry but I need to go over the federal laws before I do. I cannot just go on word of mouth, and I'm sure I will have some questions for yall. Thanks for for help.

Taurus850CIA

(2) (A) It shall be unlawful for any individual knowingly to possess a firearm that has moved in or that otherwise affects interstate or foreign commerce at a place that the individual knows, or has reasonable cause to believe, is a school zone.
(B) Subparagraph (A) does not apply to the possession of a firearm— (i) on private property not part of school grounds;
(ii) if the individual possessing the firearm is licensed to do so by the State in which the school zone is located or a political subdivision of the State, and the law of the State or political subdivision requires that, before an individual obtains such a license, the law enforcement authorities of the State or political subdivision verify that the individual is qualified under law to receive the license;... snip

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/18/usc_sec_18_00000922----000-.html

eta:

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/18/usc_sup_01_18_10_I_20_44.html

Last edited:

quarter horseman

(2) (A) It shall be unlawful for any individual knowingly to possess a firearm that has moved in or that otherwise affects interstate or foreign commerce at a place that the individual knows, or has reasonable cause to believe, is a school zone.
(B) Subparagraph (A) does not apply to the possession of a firearm— (i) on private property not part of school grounds;
(ii) if the individual possessing the firearm is licensed to do so by the State in which the school zone is located or a political subdivision of the State, and the law of the State or political subdivision requires that, before an individual obtains such a license, the law enforcement authorities of the State or political subdivision verify that the individual is qualified under law to receive the license;... snip

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/18/usc_sec_18_00000922----000-.html

eta:

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/18/usc_sup_01_18_10_I_20_44.html

Thank you for that I will save it this time.

NHCGRPR45

so long as you have a registered pistol then i believe you are good to go! if you are a CPL holder then i know for certain you are ok! i plan on going to some lake shore high school football games, i was on the team in high school. but if you want a perfect answer then PM sprinklerguy28 he has all the laws down 100% he can answer any question you have

malignity

Federal firearms laws?

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Oh wait. I guess that isn't federal enough..

Last edited:

quarter horseman

so long as you have a registered pistol then i believe you are good to go! if you are a CPL holder then i know for certain you are ok! i plan on going to some lake shore high school football games, i was on the team in high school. but if you want a perfect answer then PM sprinklerguy28 he has all the laws down 100% he can answer any question you have

Thanks,
I had the fed,state and MSP site's all spread out in front of me and went over and over the laws. I wanted to see all the details at one time to make sure no wording could get me in trouble. Like instad of saying CPL it would read CCW in witch I dont have CCW. I know some of you have carried on school grounds I have not yet. This OC thing is very new to people here and this will be a big deal in my small town when people see or hear about it. I'm wondering if I should call the Allegan county sheriff and the local home town cop shop to see if there up on the laws or not. I will have my 3 and 8 year old with me and wouold not like to go to jail that night or have a bad interaction with them watching.