Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OC Report - SV Wal-Mart

OC Report - SV Wal-Mart

Was looking for a UofA shirt of the (awesome) game against Iowa Sat. night, and was wearing my Glock 22. A mom and her little daugher came 'round where I was browsing the racks and all of a sudden the little girl goes "Mom he's gotta gun! he's gotta gun! he's gotta gun! he's gotta gun! he's gotta gun! he's gotta gun!"

No one else was around and the mom just hushed her daughter and looked me and I thought I detected a faint smile...and that was that.

Cool..

That'll Teach Her.

I had that happen here in Southern Oregon one day...in a WalMart.... The mother asks the daughter "is it scarry" and the little girl says "yes". Mommie then says "deal with it".

PRICELESS

Quote Originally Posted by We-the-People View Post
    I had that happen here in Southern Oregon one day...in a WalMart.... The mother asks the daughter "is it scarry" and the little girl says "yes". Mommie then says "deal with it".

PRICELESS
    lol
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Yasterday me and my wife were at Wal- Mart shopping when we finished we decited to eat at the in store subway, when we got done eating, I left first while my wife filled her cup up again, when she came out to join me she told me that the women behind us was complaining about my firearm to her husband, she said I might be a nut, it`s not right to carry a gun, LEO should deal with him, and she would call someone to make a complaint ect. ect,. My wife said her husband informed her, in Az. its` legal to carry a firearm, no one would listen to her complain, criminals and nuts did not open carry and if their were a bad guy to come in it would be nice to have someone like him here to protect us. As my wife told me this I thought to myself some people do get it.

Quote Originally Posted by mFonz77 View Post
    Was looking for a UofA shirt of the (awesome) game against Iowa Sat. night, and was wearing my Glock 22. A mom and her little daugher came 'round where I was browsing the racks and all of a sudden the little girl goes "Mom he's gotta gun! he's gotta gun! he's gotta gun! he's gotta gun! he's gotta gun! he's gotta gun!"

No one else was around and the mom just hushed her daughter and looked me and I thought I detected a faint smile...and that was that.
    What is with wally worlds and having little kids that cant help but scream "he's got a gun!" Happened to me once when ocing my .45. I really didnt even know what to do, so i just kept on walking. Little kids dont really know any better, it is the responsibility of the parents to teach their children stuff like that. In a country where gun carriers are, alot of the time, considered to be the bad guys, sometimes the kids get the wrong message.

Never any problems or comments from others at several Tucson area WM.

I taught my kids at an early age some SRT hand signals when spotting a gun. Was pretty cool to look down at my 6 year old daughter tugging on my shirt with one hand and using the other hand to signal what she saw. My ex never saw the reason behind it.

Target is where Ive run into problems -- and the 40 something year old man that yelled "Oh My God, he's got a GUN!!" was acting like a child. All witnesses said he was the problem and not me

Quote Originally Posted by acmariner99 View Post
    Target is where Ive run into problems -- and the 40 something year old man that yelled "Oh My God, he's got a GUN!!" was acting like a child. All witnesses said he was the problem and not me
    See, that's what I'm always worried about, I don't care if little kids start freaking out, because they have parents around who will calm them down, but when another adult is the one openly scared and making a big scene about it, I wouldn't feel comfortable staying there, I would probably be heading straight towards the counter and purchase the things already in my basket and then leave. I don't want to spend any time talking to LEO's over a crying adult. That's why I haven't gone into both Target or WalMart here in Oro Valley yet while OC'ing. And speaking of the new WalMart at the Oro Valley Marketplace, I was talking to a gun dealer a little while ago, and he said that when he OC'd in there, he was actually asked to leave!
    "It's better to be the worst of the best than the best of the worst"

"If problems persist, you'll need to install Tannerite in your computer, and then we can troubleshoot it"

Quote Originally Posted by lykwidtepp View Post
    See, that's what I'm always worried about, I don't care if little kids start freaking out, because they have parents around who will calm them down, but when another adult is the one openly scared and making a big scene about it, I wouldn't feel comfortable staying there, I would probably be heading straight towards the counter and purchase the things already in my basket and then leave. I don't want to spend any time talking to LEO's over a crying adult. That's why I haven't gone into both Target or WalMart here in Oro Valley yet while OC'ing. And speaking of the new WalMart at the Oro Valley Marketplace, I was talking to a gun dealer a little while ago, and he said that when he OC'd in there, he was actually asked to leave!
    Someone was asked to leave the new WM at Oro Valley Marketplace, eh. I believe I'll be heading out that way this weekend, along with my SIG P-6 in OC mode.

Stay tuned.

Yep, he said he was followed by 1 employee for awhile, at a distance, when finally a 2nd employee came around and "politely" told him that "Those aren't allowed here". He said they were nice about it at least. But it was odd that a basic employee told him to leave, and not a manager. I never thought that a regular employee had the authority to ask patrons to leave.

"If problems persist, you'll need to install Tannerite in your computer, and then we can troubleshoot it"

Yep, he said he was followed by 1 employee for awhile, at a distance, when finally a 2nd employee came around and "politely" told him that "Those aren't allowed here". He said they were nice about it at least. But it was odd that a basic employee told him to leave, and not a manager. I never thought that a regular employee had the authority to ask patrons to leave.
    Its not wal-marts policy to run off customers, and WM is good with OC, you might call the manager
    or write corporate.
    Robin47

The story I'm mentioning isn't mine, it was a gun dealer I was talking to. If it happens to me, than I'll definitely talk to the manager or I'll write to corporate. I personally haven't open carried in the Oro Valley Walmart yet, but I will soon next time I need some groceries. As said before, haven't OC'd in Oro Valley Target either, so I'll try that out as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin47 View Post
    Its not wal-marts policy to run off customers, and WM in CALIFORNIA is good with UNLOADED OC, you might call the manager or write corporate.
    Robin47
    Fixed it for ya'.

In Arizona we OC loaded handguns with a round in the chamber.

I had the same thing happen to me in a walmart. A little boy said to his mom, "Why he got a gun!?!?" I just smiled and kept walking.

Target and Wally World in Marana are both good (OC) 'cept that one time in the parkin' lot when this dumassyankee went off.... I think the kids get this crap from schools with their zero tolerance BS... 'Can't even draw a picture of a freakin' gun and the 'educators' go ballistic. They're conditiioning kids to be obedient leftist pansy's. As for the 40 yr old's reaction... 'Bitchslap city' would be the proper thing... but ya just have to ignore these types of turdrollers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonora Rebel View Post
    Target and Wally World in Marana are both good (OC) 'cept that one time in the parkin' lot when this dumassyankee went off.... I think the kids get this crap from schools with their zero tolerance BS... 'Can't even draw a picture of a freakin' gun and the 'educators' go ballistic. They're conditiioning kids to be obedient leftist pansy's. As for the 40 yr old's reaction... 'Bitchslap city' would be the proper thing... but ya just have to ignore these types of turdrollers.
    Geez good thing I went to a "normal" school then...I would spend all my time not working on classwork drawing guns, tanks, flamethrowers, all sorts of war stuff. I mean come on, what little boy (except um, girlyboys) aren't fascinated with machines that destroy things?!!!

I always OC there, have never been asked to leave. In fact just Thursday I was in there OCing, not a peep. I believe WM policy says they go by state law, if it's not illegal, then you can do it (at least that's what I've seen posted on several forums about wallyworld).

ANYONE asked to leave a WalMart store when carrying responsibly and legaly needs to take it up the WalMart chain of command. Their corporate policy is to comply with state law.....i.e. if it's legal, you're allowed.

Managers and individual employees don't all know this and need to be educated when they fail.

On television, the people who carry guns are guys in uniform (military or police), and bad guys. This is where kids get their prejudices from, probably.

Try this -- next time a child says something, say as sweetly as you can, "It's okay. I'm a good guy."

That's probably all a kid needs to know to learn something.

Christmas shopping at Wal-Mart

My wife and I went shopping today at Wal-Mart, we was in there about hour and a half, I was carrying my typical ruger vaquero 45 LC with a seven and a half barrel, no one seamed to noticed nor cared. I did although have a veary cute petite lady say "hay veary nice gun, I would like to carry mine but I can`t find a holster small enough to fit, thay just keep falling off my wast". It was nice to hear the complement.

Quote Originally Posted by rickc1962 View Post
    My wife and I went shopping today at Wal-Mart, we was in there about hour and a half, I was carrying my typical ruger vaquero 45 LC with a seven and a half barrel, no one seamed to noticed nor cared. I did although have a veary cute petite lady say "hay veary nice gun, I would like to carry mine but I can`t find a holster small enough to fit, thay just keep falling off my wast". It was nice to hear the complement.
    She was saying you have a big waist
    My location says I am from Sierra Vista, AZ which is where I live now but I actually lived in MO for 26 years! So please stop telling me I don't know what I'm talking about when I post in the Missouri forum!

Quote Originally Posted by We-the-People View Post

PRICELESS
    I wish I could have seen that. lol

It was definitely one of those priceless moments!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast