Thread: Head Phones while drive and or riding a bus

Madisonville, Mortons Gap KY(Western Ky), ,

Head Phones while drive and or riding a bus

Im looking for the law that says I can not wear head phones while driving. I've looked and looked and looked. I thought maybe some of you who know the KRS's better than me might be able to point me in the right direction. I have been told its not only un-lawful to drive with head phones one, ( I can buy that if I can find it, it makes since) but it is also un-lawful to ride a bus wearing headphones.... What gives there? This is a "friendly" conversation for now.. but if there is no law, I may just have to turn up the heat a bit. I've not backed down, but excused my self for a moment read up on it. I've not found it. I read through the transportation side of the laws, and it has a lot of things in there that mostly have to do with big trucks, and what they are hauling. Any info would be welcome.

Never heard of it

I never heard of it being unlawful to wear headphones while driving or on the bus. i have no cite for it either way but common sense says if it is a point of not hearing whats going on around you while driving, then why can deaf people drive. the bus thing is just nonsense.
    "To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them."
    - George Mason

Idiots love to make up "laws"
    He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent which will reach to himself. -- Thomas Paine (1737--1809), Dissertation on First Principles of Government, 1795

I know several states have laws against wearing headphones while operating a motor vehicle.

According to this safety pamphlet (page 33) put out by Kentucky Transportation Cabinet, it's illegal to wear headphones while driving.

http://gdl.kytc.ky.gov/parent%20guide.pdf

Even if it wasn't against the law, I believe it's a bad idea to drive and wear headphones in a car.

Madisonville, Mortons Gap KY(Western Ky), ,
    I wonder what law that is in reference to? I read it. Could believe it.... I wear stereo head phones all the time for my cell... never once been stopped. They are big ones too. Think one ear is good enough, try two!